Are K02's still the go to tire?

I have 33x12.5 KO2s on Rootie Rubicon. They have been very good on and off road for me.

i-J8BvRkw-X3.jpg

Hate to beat an old-ish thread but I got my 33x10.5x15R's at Costco for MSRP ($239.99 a piece) and they had a 100 something dollar discount on top of that ($110 I think), when you bought a set of 4. It included lifetime balancing, rotation, and nitrogen air inflation (fancy I know) for a one-time fee of $20 a tire. They also have a warrantee at Costco where if the tire blows out from street use, they will give you the amount the tire is worth based on the percentage of tread you have. For example, if a $100 tire blows out at 50% tread, you get $50 credit towards a new tire. I payed exactly $1001 for a set of 4 (after taxes and fees). This was maybe less than a month ago too so they might still have the sale going on. Wouldn't hurt to check.

Reactions: Head Lice
Wouldn't hurt to check.
Costco is a good option for Michelin/BFGoodrich. Worth mentioning that the online stock in my area is different from what the counter guys have access to so it's best to check online and also call/visit your local branch to see what they can get. From what they've told me they can't order what you see online and you can't order what they see on their inventory system unless it's through them. It's as crazy as it sounds.

Reactions: Head Lice
Costco is a good option for Michelin/BFGoodrich. Worth mentioning that the online stock in my area is different from what the counter guys have access to so it's best to check online and also call/visit your local branch to see what they can get. From what they've told me they can't order what you see online and you can't order what they see on their inventory system unless it's through them. It's as crazy as it sounds.
They use a third party for rapid orders. Totally different network. They don’t normally transfer internally. It’s that or order from the factory, that can take a long time right now.

Reactions: pagrey
Yeah I did forget to mention that I did have to order mine through them in person but they came the next day. They were worried about fitment, even though I clear them no problem, so I had to bring them in loose. Some other Costco's didn't mind as long it was lifted. And my answer to the original question if anyone is deciding, go with them. That's all I've ever ran and they are popular because you can't go wrong with them. Don't take it from some random guy on a forum like me though, go out there and do your own research on what you want to spend your own money on.

I use a product called "Ride-On" in my Harley; haven't thought about using it on the car or Jeep, but it might be helpful for balance issues on large tires, as well as providing some leak protection.
https://www.ride-on.com/

I also use that in my motorcycle. I've thought about using it on the Jeeps but I'm not sure what affect airing down would have on the stuff.

I’m another one that’s had a great experience with my K02s. 285/70R16, I believe, and the measured out exactly how they should have. I had a set of the original K0s on an XJ back in college and had a good experience with those so I went back to the well for more.

Ran 31” KO2s for a few thousand miles before find a set of 33” General Grabber ATX locally that only had 1k miles on them for a great price. They both have comparable tread patterns and I didn’t notice any significant difference between them on or Offroad. The KO2s do run smaller than advertised size while the general grabbers are a true 33” tire.

Reactions: driftless
I have KO2s on the Jeep and Falken Wild Peaks on my 4runner. I prefer a thinner tire for traction on snow covered roads. The Falkens have been getting gradually louder as the the mileage has gone up. Currently have about 25k miles on them. Rotated every oil change. The KO2s road noise has stayed about the same. The Falkens seem to preform better against hydroplaning. BUT that is probably influenced in the vehicle weight difference

I have had 33x10.5 KO2s on my TJ for nearly four years and they have been great. They perform very well in snow and wet weather and work as well as any mild A/T tire off-road. My TJ is currently my DD and these KO2s have been absolutely perfect for that.

Reactions: voodooridr
So the BFG run small?
Yeah at first my 33's were pretty big looking when I bought them, but then I think they shrunk a bit. I didn't take measurements of them when I first bought them, but after almost a month they measured just under 32 inches in diameter with the weight of the vehicle on the tire.

Ran 31” KO2s for a few thousand miles before find a set of 33” General Grabber ATX locally that only had 1k miles on them for a great price. They both have comparable tread patterns and I didn’t notice any significant difference between them on or Offroad. The KO2s do run smaller than advertised size while the general grabbers are a true 33” tire.

Don't know about that. I have Grabbers right now, 30x9.5". Brand new they measured under 29". Which is about right if they were 29.5" unmounted.

Stuck with the KO2s - 31x10.5 Load range C on my LJ - $1000 for 5 mounted and balanced at Costco. Have them on my JL and like them, so stuck with them. Only took them 2 days to get them in.