Are spring spacers ok to use?

Will’s TJ

My TJ has a rake and the front end is about 2" lower than the rear. I was planning to get coil spring spacers to level it out, but before I do, are there any major downsides? I read about vibrations from some reviews but I'd like to know if that's true.

I’m running a 1.5-2 inch spacer lift On the stock springs, nothing bad on the road, haven’t gotten a chance to take her off road good and proper, they seem to me like they’d cause problems rock crawling but IDK, curious to see where this goes, I was thinking of swapping to lifted springs soon.

The lift height causes the vibrations not the spacer. You should measure your lift height and that will tell you what's going on. It is possible your springs have sagged or you never really got that 3" lift. The rear driveshaft is normally where people get vibes so I wouldn't be too worried about spacers in the front. There really is nothing wrong with spacers vs a pure spring lift, don't think you are doing anything wrong. It is possible you have a light Jeep and the rear springs just gave you a little more than 3".

There is no problem with using spacers if you dont go too high. I personally think 2" is about it. I have used them in 3 different ones with no issues. The vibrations come from the driveshaft angle getting off due to too high of a lift.

As long as you keep to moderate trails a spacer lift is fine. As stated I'd check what your springs are at now. 12" front, 8" rear. Anything more is your lift height.

When I bought my jeep, the PO had installed a 2" spring spacer lift. There was a vibration taking off from a stop but it went away quickly as the jeep picked up speed. I installed a 1" transfer case drop and it went away completely.

I plan on swapping it out for 2.5" OME springs later on though.

I threw a 1” billet spacer on mine up front. It had a slight rake I wanted to take care of and then when I pulled the hard top off it was close to 2”. Rides the same and looks much better now.