Are these mesh headlight guards worth the price?

DarkStar357

I get holes in my headlights from rocks sent out on seek and destroy all glass missions. Even my non-working floodlights have holes in them.

Being that I just purchased LED headlights that were $150 and I live in the rough country... are these mesh guards worth their price?

Headlight mesh.jpg

I have never had a broken light from rocks, but I would say if keeps happening to you heck yea give them a try what do you have to loose.
I am kinda leaning that way... like why not. Just wondering if anyone was like.. Hellz to the No about them.

It's brutal out here. My mom has gone through 2 windshields in 4 years.

I have a set of the mesh guards on my headlights and turn signal lights. They are a different brand though, black painted stainless steel versions by Kentrol I think. I've had them on for 5 years. I can't say if they have kept me from getting a broken headlight or not because I don't know for sure if they have been hit. I don't think they have, but not sure. Honestly, I got them because I like the look. It reminded me of seeing 4x4's as a kid in the 70's & 80's. If they keep me from getting a broken light, then that's a bonus.

IMG_6694.JPG

A good strong "brow" will do wonders for eye protection:
View attachment 254599

If you're still having issues, then some fibrous lashes hanging over the lens should solve the problem completely.
:eek::ROFLMAO:How to totally fawk up the classic looks of a Jeep and draw gales of laughter plus ridicule from everyone but the mall crawlers.

Reactions: Ephry73
Soft bristled brush dipped in the soapy water then clean the headlight through the mesh. It sounds weird, but it works.

Reactions: DarkStar357
I have a set for front a rear stainless steel mesh if your interested. I ordered the black ones and they ship the ss one by mistake, they dint want then back.

I put them on mainly because i like the look, probably will take them off in the near future, you can see the shadow of the pattern with the headlights on and it is a bit annoying.

I get holes in my headlights from rocks sent out on seek and destroy all glass missions. Even my non-working floodlights have holes in them.

Being that I just purchased LED headlights that were $150 and I live in the rough country... are these mesh guards worth their price?

View attachment 254594

I have a set on my 06 X. Bought them after a chunk of metal kicked up from a semi on I-80 in Wyoming, and took out one headlight. They have worked well protecting my trucklite's, and I've found a few dents in them from debris.

Cleaning is easy, just pull the guard from the clips, and hinge it up, or down, wipe, press back in.

Ray

Reactions: DarkStar357

View attachment 254594
Yeah, if you keep getting rocks busting them out.

I’ve broken both factory driving lights and the passenger side headlight twice from gravel roads, it’s not something I would use but I could see the benefit, don’t know why you would need taillight covers unless someone is throwing rocks at you for driving too fast down their gravel road.

I'd be more worried about a glass lens (quality LEDs use a polycarbonate lens) but it can't hurt.

Reactions: DrDmoney