Are these real or fake AEV Pintler wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spacers are the ones everyone recommends on this site from Amazon around 100$. I more than happy with 33” Goodyear Duratracs. Wheels came from Texas off Facebook $460 shipped. Tires are take offs of a dodge power wagon $650 for four.

These may be available and are for the TJ platform, 5 X 4.5.

load them on a pallet, shrink wrap, freight carrier, and at front door in a week or two.
😃👍🏻

https://monterey.craigslist.org/wto/d/monterey-jeep-xj-tj-zj-wheels-tires/7299234447.html
81F8CC47-6BC7-4976-8FEC-BD3FAB0D322A.jpeg

Last edited:
Before purchase / watch out guide for older AEV Pintler wheels. This applies only to the Pintler wheel manufactured prior to the appearance of the AEV logo on an outside facing spoke.

• Find out the history of the wheels. Mileage, corrosion, cracks, gouged out areas, paint peeling chipping, repainted or not, bent, or out of round.
• Look for cracks in the aluminum at spoke to wheel surface. Usually leaks air.
• Look for cracks in the aluminum at the tire bead. The leading edge where the tire locks into the wheel cracks and fails. Usually leaks air or visible aluminum is missing.
• Find out if the wheel has been repainted? Powder coated or sprayed? Stay away from wheels that have been powder coated. This only applies to “AEV Pintler” wheels. If the wheel has been powder coated and has not failed yet, it will. Ask me how I know.
• Look at the lug nut galleys. Is there corrosion? Is there heavy gouges, cracks, or tool marks?

With that being said, use your head and do your homework on the wheels. The AEV TJ Pintler wheels are beautiful wheels for sure. They don’t come available very often. Be ready to jump on a set when they come available. However, get good high definition pictures or get your hands on them before you buy.

Hope this helps.
😃👍🏻

The frame for some reason was decent. Jeep only has 43,000 miles. I just did last week end clean it up and spray a lite coat of Krylon Semi flat that was recommended on this site. This paint is real close to the factory color.

Reactions: Ephry73
Status
Not open for further replies.