Are These The Right Bump Stops?

The upper ones are the Crown factory replacements.
IF you are thinking of ordering them from Quadratec; DONT... they are back ordered.
I recently purchased a set of 4 and I received a response stating they were Out of Stock with no date of replenishment.

Amazon has these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016J1CW0E/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
The upper ones are the Crown factory replacements.
IF you are thinking of ordering them; DONT... they are back ordered.
I recently purchased a set of 4 and I received a response stating they were Out of Stock with no date of replenishment.
I think I need to invest in a 3D printer and start grinding these things out!

Reactions: BlueChip
Hi all,

noticed that my new to me build does not have any bump stops. The Jeep is 95% stock, except for the PO installing 2” coil spacers to fit 33’s.

can I install regular bump stops or do I need bump stop extensions?

which of the two pics do I need?

View attachment 210530

View attachment 210531
So can you post pics of the setup? Bump stop seems to be used in many ways as a term.

Quadratec description is annoying (or Crown’s).

The first pic is a bump stop jounce that pops into the bump stop cup. The whole thing is the actual “bump stop” I believe. This yellow piece just cushions the last couple inches before the cup hits to stop travel.

Is this jounce the only thing missing? Is the bump stop cup all there? If so, then yes you need this jounce to push back into the cup.

If none of it is there, different story. You need the bump stop tower and cup.

the second picture are bump stop extensions. If the cup doesn’t hit and stop travel before your shocks bottoms out (or something else hits you don’t want to) then you pull the cup, add these extensions under it and put it back....then push in the yellow jounce.

Or....you can add a few inches of puck on the bottom perch so the normal distance cup hits the puck and limits travel.

You have to cycle the suspension to see where it hits, how much you need etc, or you’re just guessing. This is my understanding and I’ll bet $20 there will be a post correcting a technicality that I’m off by smarter people.

So can you post pics of the setup? Bump stop seems to be used in many ways as a term.

Quadratec description is annoying (or Crown’s).

The first pic is a bump stop jounce that pops into the bump stop cup. The whole thing is the actual “bump stop” I believe. This yellow piece just cushions the last couple inches before the cup hits to stop travel.

Is this jounce the only thing missing? Is the bump stop cup all there? If so, then yes you need this jounce to push back into the cup.

If none of it is there, different story. You need the bump stop tower and cup.

the second picture are bump stop extensions. If the cup doesn’t hit and stop travel before your shocks bottoms out (or something else hits you don’t want to) then you pull the cup, add these extensions under it and put it back....then push in the yellow jounce.

Or....you can add a few inches of puck on the bottom perch so the normal distance cup hits the puck and limits travel.

You have to cycle the suspension to see where it hits, how much you need etc, or you’re just guessing. This is my understanding and I’ll bet $20 there will be a post correcting a technicality that I’m off by smarter people.
Understood... here are a couple pics of the front. You'll note the 2" spacer... bump stop cup present as well. Confirmed with the PO that the springs were never replaced with longer ones, The rear appears to be the same.

IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

So you have bump stops, and the coil spacers brought them down 2”. The yellow jounces you should get and install in the cup, it softens any time they come close. Critical...no...but certainly would be good.

The only way to answer if you need the bump stop spacers is to cycle the suspension, and see where things hit.

Reactions: CharlesHS
So you have bump stops, and the coil spacers brought them down 2”. The yellow jounces you should get and install in the cup, it softens any time they come close. Critical...no...but certainly would be good.

The only way to answer if you need the bump stop spacers is to cycle the suspension, and see where things hit.
Also — is there any harm in adding 1.5" bump stop spacers just in case?

it might be just the angle of the picture, but if it is missing that bottom plate, I can only imagine that would cause one heck of a rattle sometimes.

it might be just the angle of the picture, but if it is missing that bottom plate, I can only imagine that would cause one heck of a rattle sometimes.
The bottom plate does appear to be different than the driver side... but it seems to be resting comfortably... with no violent rattle or anything. So hopefully all is OK :)