Are these two GenRight aluminum stubby bumpers the same?

It is. I have the none bull bar model and I talked them on the phone in the past to ask about it and they told me it was more or less do to added labor.

ok my fault didn’t notice you posted aluminum, mine is steel and asked about steel.

my statement might be incorrect.

They sure look identical to me, how can a stinger add $400?

Be sure to take a look at Savvy's aluminum bumper too. https://savvyoffroad.com/product/sav-tjf/.

I like that its fairlead can be moved back for a better approach angle if you're running an aftermarket antiswaybar like the Antirock. It's also made from stronger 6061 aluminum. Not to mention its designer @mrblaine is a member here, he designs the Savvy products.

Reactions: R3ID05TJ and Ocho
They sure look identical to me, how can a stinger add $400?

Be sure to take a look at Savvy's aluminum bumper too. https://savvyoffroad.com/product/sav-tjf/

I like that its fairlead can be moved back for a better approach angle if you're running an aftermarket antiswaybar like the Antirock. It's also made from stronger 6061 aluminum. Not to mention its designer @mrblaine is a member here, he designs the Savvy products.
LOL I'm just a n00b but I've seen mrblaine all over this forum and didn't know he designs the Savvy stuff. I'm a GAINT fan of that Savvy bumper. Been window shopping it even before I bought my Jeep which that probably now seals the deal that I will get that one when enough funds appear in my Jeep parts fund account.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
LOL I'm just a n00b but I've seen mrblaine all over this forum and didn't know he designs the Savvy stuff. I'm a GAINT fan of that Savvy bumper. Been window shopping it even before I bought my Jeep which that probably now seals the deal that I will get that one when enough funds appear in my Jeep parts fund account.
I do like their bumper too, I'm running one myself. Sorry those recovery points on my bumper are no longer available.

IMAG1875cropped.jpg

Recently added were Savvy's corner guards. I liken them to training wheels for those of us who navigate by braille.

20201125_150818~2_resized.jpg

Can you explain how moving the fairlead back makes for a better approach angle?
The roller fairlead/hawse doesn't protrude out as far which is why Blaine designed it that way. Same with the Safety Thimble holder (above) which was designed like that for the same reason. For typical offroading it's no big deal but in some really tough situations it helps.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Does that safety thimble holder come on the fairlead mount? or is that a separate fairlead mount?

edit: nm, I realize it doesn't come with a fairlead. Only the mount. And that is a TRE fairlead with thimble holder. Very nice.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The roller fairlead/hawse doesn't protrude out as far which is why Blaine designed it that way. Same with the Safety Thimble holder (above) which was designed like that for the same reason. For typical offroading it's no big deal but in some really tough situations it helps.
Know that I am a Savvy bumper fan. Im just trying to understand your approach angle comment.

Before moving the winch fairlead backwards, does it protrude over the front of the bumper having an effect on approach angle?

Moving the fairlead backwards does not move the bumperbackwards, right?

Not sure how it effects approach angle...does this picture tell the whole story?
7B52CE40-4038-46A1-BF3A-82C44F247DBB.gif

Reactions: R3ID05TJ
Know that I am a Savvy bumper fan. Im just trying to understand.

Before moving the winch fairlead backwards, does it protrude over the front of the bumper?

Moving the fairlead does not move the bumper, right?

Not sure how it effects approach angle...does this picture tell the whole story?
View attachment 225564
Hey man I know what you're trying to ask but I guess to the hardcore off roaders anything that sticks out the perimeter of the Jeep matters. To me that "approach angle" were talking about here is pretty extreme. But I get what both of you guys are talking about.

Know that I am a Savvy bumper fan. Im just trying to understand your approach angle comment.

Before moving the winch fairlead backwards, does it protrude over the front of the bumper having an effect on approach angle?

Moving the fairlead backwards does not move the bumperbackwards, right?

View attachment 225564
That drawing doesn't explain or illustrate the problem their designs help with. Savvy TRE explains it it well at https://www.tacticalrecoveryequipment.com/product/safety-thimble-fairlead/

Hey man I know what you're trying to ask but I guess to the hardcore off roaders anything that sticks out the perimeter of the Jeep matters. To me that "approach angle" were talking about here is pretty extreme. But I get what both of you guys are talking about.
sorry for the quick graphic job but here you go:

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.16.17 PM.png

puke yellow is angled front bumper.. red rectangle is fairlead sticking out.

blue angle is better than green angle.

I do like their bumper too, I'm running one myself. Sorry those recovery points on my bumper are not available, they are a prototype design that didn't make it to production.
They made it into production. Then some fucktard had them on his bumper with no winch and nosed down into a big muddy ditch and got stuck. Instead of hooking onto the rear of the rig, they hooked onto a shackle stuck in the front recovery point at a fairly extreme angle. Then after it was bent around to the side (without failing) they posted up pics on JF about it bending and only after some pointed queries did they admit they had not done things correctly. Since we could not control how dumb folks act, they were discontinued since they require a modicum of common sense to use correctly.
Recently added were Savvy's corner guards. I liken them to training wheels for those of us who navigate by braille.
They should not be optional.

Last edited:
You can push a roller fairlead out far enough that it does effect approach angle. It will be the first point of contact with a rock face before the bumper.

Not only the same but made from 5052 or similar lower strength aluminum. You can tell by the bends.
I’m sorry to ask as I know you’ve addressed this in the past but, how do you tell the difference in material based on bends?