Are you guys spraying on your bed liner or painting it on?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I am going to do my sport bar with bed liner since I am removing the padding. I don't have a paint gun, so it would appear spraying it is out of the question. Is it okay to paint the stuff on, or will it not end up looking as good?

If it is okay, what kind of brush do you recommend for applying it?

I am going to do my sport bar with bed liner since I am removing the padding. I don't have a paint gun, so it would appear spraying it is out of the question. Is it okay to paint the stuff on, or will it not end up looking as good?

If it is okay, what kind of brush do you recommend for applying it?
Use a bedliner/undercoating gun. Very inexpensive. You'll be much happier than brushing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074KNQSM6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

As example ^^^^

Use a bedliner/undercoating gun. Very inexpensive. You'll be much happier than brushing.

Does this require an air compressor? I don't have one as I've switched to all battery powered tools. 🙁

Guess I could see if a neighbor has one I could borrow.

Yes..you need air for that gun but it's so much quicker easier and more coats...
How large of a compressor is needed? I've been looking at this option for on my m416 trailer, but my small 6 gallon compressor probably isn't enough.

How large of a compressor is needed? I've been looking at this option for on my m416 trailer, but my small 6 gallon compressor probably isn't enough.
It's different than painting. You don't need that large of one.

I dont think a 6 gallon would work but....a 20 gallon on wheels (you know the type I speak of) may work for this kind of spraying.

Ya know...let me ask you this....how well does your 6 gallon do when you're using a blow nozzle to clean the grass off yourself or the like. In other words a a straight thru attachment. Thats really all the undercoating type guns are. It's just a glorified blow nozzle that has a can holding the material.

It wouldn't be as quick as a bigger compressor but it very well might be enough to blow undercoating/bedliner on to a surface.

My Idea of doing this would be , take sport bar to local shop and have them Do It...Less mess and time/hassle. I had my flares coated.

Reactions: Chris
Ya know...let me ask you this....how well does your 6 gallon do when you're using a blow nozzle to clean the grass off yourself or the like. In other words a a straight thru attachment. Thats really all the undercoating type guns are. It's just a glorified blow nozzle that has a can holding the material.

It wouldn't be as quick as a bigger compressor but it very well might be enough to blow undercoating/bedliner on to a surface.
I just Bought that attachment for it, so I don't know yet. This is what i have.

https://www.bostitch.com/products/a...6-gallon-150-psi-oilfree-compressor/btfp02012

Spray is more even, but takes more prep because it gets fucking everywhere. If I do the inside of a tub or the interior of a Jeep XJ I'll use a brush and a roller.