Arizona Rock Crawler

And the fun begins
8DE35EC1-3744-4CB0-A5CA-EB66BB8958BD.jpeg

So my only exhaust issue with the tuck is that the exhaust is smashing up into the trackbar. Other than that it fits with the skid and the muffler just barely contacts the tub. I’m thinking about just cutting off this hanger that mounts to the trans and rewelding it on so that it’s at less of an angle thereby lowering the exhaust into the skid about an inch and a half. Is this what most people do or a good way of solving this?
BC335F73-CEBA-4849-9959-C70A81613DB6.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Today I set the pinion pointing to the front yoke, trimmed the rear crossmember to allow the trackbar to move up, cut a half circles in my spring perches to make room for my shocks, and verified that 1.5” of bumpstop extension is all that is needed to fit the Currie tb bracket and my collapsed shocks. Whew! Time for a beer break and then I’ll tackle the exhaust, put the Jeep back on the ground, double check driveshaft measurement and order it it tomorrow!

I ended up cutting off the transmission exhaust hanger and welding it back on at a different angle and the trackbar clears the exhaust now! Yippee!

Damn that shock is close! You sure it’s not going to contact at all?
It’s kind of a bad angle but it doesn’t touch even at full droop. I will probably take a flap disc to it and take a little more out once I get my driveshaft and have to adjust pinion again anyways.

Reactions: Chris
It’s kind of a bad angle but it doesn’t touch even at full droop. I will probably take a flap disc to it and take a little more out once I get my driveshaft and have to adjust pinion again anyways.

Got it! I almost did this on mine but then I just bought the lower shock mount extensions instead.

Got it! I almost did this on mine but then I just bought the lower shock mount extensions instead.
Here’s a better pic. Hanging at full droop but a little more grinding wouldn’t hurt. See I ballparked where the shock extension would be at full bump and I would have to add bumpstop extension to run the shock mount extension so I opted to cut
6AAFFA2D-D29F-44FF-B6B1-54B8FA4AA264.jpeg

Here’s a better pic. Hanging at full droop but a little more grinding wouldn’t hurt. See I ballparked where the shock extension would be at full bump and I would have to add bumpstop extension to run the shock mount extension so I opted to cutView attachment 158376
Make sure you check side to side droop as well! Angles change a bit.