Art-Carr / Winters shifter install stock 32RH

GoBig

Supporting Member
I have a 2002 TJ with the 32RH/999 and 2-speed Atlas. i would like to put in a Winters Art-Carr shifter. Have any of you guys installed this? is it still a pain to install or have they come up with the proper brackets?

I have a 2002 TJ with the 32RH/999 and 2-speed Atlas. i would like to put in a Winters Art-Carr shifter. Have any of you guys installed this? is it still a pain to install or have they come up with the proper brackets?
I've installed a few. What are your plans for the console?

hi mrblaine...ive read and heard great things about you...thanks for responding. I am installing the Tuffy console with a customized bracket to fit the sidewinder.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/art-carr-shifter-bracket-to-tuffy-security-console.1537642/
The stock shifter has a front exit cable. IIRC, you can set the Winters up for either. The challenge will be cable routing. It may be just as easy to run a rear exit off of the shifter and then do a 180 under the console and go back out the front. You also need to check the specs to make sure and get the D21 pattern instead of one with 4 drive detents.

Reactions: GoBig
They don't offer it for any of the transmission that came in a TJ so you should just get the one made for a 727 transmission. Then you'll have to come up with your own shifter cable brackets. I'm using one in my TJ with a V-8 swap and a 46RE transmission.
I'm going to be using a GenRight center console in mine and haven't gotten to the brackets at the transmission yet.

Depending on how you use your rig might want to think about getting the Rockcrawler gate pattern .

Gate Plate Patterns.jpg

That is a nice mount t go with the Tuffy console. @NashvilleTJ look at this.

I'm not sure how the superb Art Carr shifter mounts but this is how I mounted my B&M shifter for my 32RH with just some aluminum. However it shifted like crap due to its rear-only cable exit so stick with the Art-Carr.

CIMG2474.JPG
CIMG2475.JPG
CIMG2476.JPG
CIMG2477.JPG

Reactions: Wildman