AT-205 re-seal works like a charm for rear main seal leaks

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Had a house full of contractors and didn't have time to do the oil change myself.. Dropped at my trusted mechanic and did a few other bits while it was there.

The next morning I see a saucer size puddle of fresh oil. RMS dripping.

Searched around here and the interweb and see many positive reviews for ATP AT-205 Re-Seal for stopping various leaks. hmmmm... that could be an easy solution.
Also saw reference to Titan Stop Leak.. but it was nearly four times the price of the AT-205 with far fewer reviews.

Added one 8oz bottle on July 21st. It treats six quarts. Recommended to give it about five hours of run time before passing judgement. Drove it for about two hours and let it sit overnight. Came out in the morning to a ping pong ball size spot of oil. That's progress. The overnight leak got smaller and smaller until...Fast forward to this morning, five days later, no leak.

Plan is to give it a few more days and then thinking it would be a good idea to change the oil again.

What I saved on the RMS job is going to be spent sealing my asphalt driveway to cover five days of oil stains. I'm still ahead of the game.

Had a house full of contractors and didn't have time to do the oil change myself.. Dropped at my trusted mechanic and did a few other bits while it was there.

The next morning I see a saucer size puddle of fresh oil. RMS dripping.

Searched around here and the interweb and see many positive reviews for ATP AT-205 Re-Seal for stopping various leaks. hmmmm... that could be an easy solution.
Also saw reference to Titan Stop Leak.. but it was nearly four times the price of the AT-205 with far fewer reviews.

Added one 8oz bottle on July 21st. It treats six quarts. Recommended to give it about five hours of run time before passing judgement. Drove it for about two hours and let it sit overnight. Came out in the morning to a ping pong ball size spot of oil. That's progress. The overnight leak got smaller and smaller until...Fast forward to this morning, five days later, no leak.

Plan is to give it a few more days and then thinking it would be a good idea to change the oil again.

What I saved on the RMS job is going to be spent sealing my asphalt driveway to cover five days of oil stains. I'm still ahead of the game.

I'm interested in the long-term results also.
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: MikekiM
I'm a few months in on this. Just did another oil change and still no leaking...

Interesting. I believe the directions state that you are supposed to add this seal conditioner at each oil change...which certainly would be beneficial for the manufacturer's sales numbers. But, other independent sources have also recommended that. Did you add it again with your most recent oil change?

I did not add any to this last oil change. There were no leaks prior to the oil change, or since using the AT-205 ReSeal treatment back in July. There is no mention on the product packaging or on the ATP's infomercial suggesting it should be added at each oil change.

I did not add any to this last oil change. There were no leaks prior to the oil change, or since using the AT-205 ReSeal treatment back in July. There is no mention on the product packaging or on the ATP's infomercial suggesting it should be added at each oil change.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response. Good to know that it looks like it works. If things change and the leak reappears, please update.

I've not tried this in an engine but I have used it for years and it has worked for me every time. My current TJ and two prior CJ's had leaking steering gears and it fixed them all. Son in laws motorhome had leaking rear trans seal and a friend had all four hydraulic jacks on his leaking like crazy and it stopped them all.

So 1 bottle of this and change the oil in a couple days depending on the leak stoppage? Was there any leak before the mechanic changed the oil for you?

Zero leaks before the oil change.

One bottle and the leak stopped. Went back to the same shop for the next oil change and still no leaks.

I tried the Titan product and it didn’t stop the leak.
I reached out and got a second treatment under their “it didn’t work the first time warranty” and it still didn’t fix the leak.

Looks like it’s might be time to try the AT-205.

Reactions: MikekiM
I’m due for an oil change once I have the energy to fight the cold in the driveway. Is this a fill/run/change oil or does this go in with any oil change at any time.

Reactions: John Cooper