ATV toolbox recommendations for Jeep?

psrivats

Team green shackle
Supporting Member
@MountaineerTom shared his really nice looking setup of an ATV toolbox in his Jeep - see link below. I have been looking for a box like that for a while for behind front seats.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tool-roll-bags.26555/post-428809

The brand that he shared (UWS) is going for ~300 on Amazon (Link). I don't know much about truck/ATV toolboxes. Is this a good price for a box like this? I see other boxes that are similarly sized (Home Depot, "Lund" brand) and various price points and not sure of the differences. Can someone help me out to make a good choice, please?

Last edited:
It was $220 when I bought it back in 2017. I don't know why the price when up so much since.

Reactions: psrivats
@MountaineerTom shared his really nice looking setup of an ATV toolbox in his Jeep - see link below. I have been looking for a box like that for a while for behind front seats.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tool-roll-bags.26555/post-428809

The brand that he shared (UWS) is going for ~300 on Amazon (Link). I don't know much about truck/ATV toolboxes. Is this a good price for a box like this? I see other boxes that are similarly sized (Home Depot, "Lund" brand) and various price points and not sure of the differences. Can someone help me out to make a good choice, please?
I'm not familiar with the going price for boxes of that size, but I can say that the UWS brand is the brand to shoot for, here where I live.

They make really nice boxes. They have a softer, quieter close, higher quality welds, latches, and finish.

As a comparison, I recently helped install a brand new, newly-purchased aluminum box from tractor supply. The quality isn't even in the same arena.

I spent maybe 30 minutes or so trying to adjust the latches so that either latch could be pulled and the lid open. "Out of the box", when one latch was pulled, the other latch wouldn't release. I ended up getting it to open with a single pull, but it's no UWS. It was returned and a UWS was ordered.

The position of welded brackets were off. They weren't straight, and the welds were pretty half-assed. Everything with that box was what you would expect from a speedy, mass-produced product with no little to no quality control.

From what I remember from Lund, they are better, but still no UWS.

Everything with their boxes are on-point. Just bolt it down and roll. No worries.