Auto transmission 2005 Rubicon

wheels7

When first started and driven several hundred feet to the first stop sign on my block upon doing a rolling stop and a u turn the transmission seems to slip or struggle shifting to first gear again to allow me to proceed down the street. Only does it this one time and then all seems fine for the remainder of the day until the next morning. If I don't do the rolling stop and simply proceed down the street all is fine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jack Dow

When first started is usually when you're most likely to notice the hard 1-2 shift. A common problem.
Maybe it's also coincidentally happening right when you do your rolling stop/turn around. Just a thought.

Check your ATF level exactly as the following. Be parked on level ground then start your engine. With the transmission in Park and with the engine running (important), check the ATF level with the transmission dipstick that comes out from under the passenger-side firewall.

If the ATF level is not at the Full mark, add sufficient ATF+4 until it is, via a small funnel inserted into the dipstick tube. If the bottle doesn't say "ATF+4" in big letters on the front of the bottle it's the wrong stuff.

Check your ATF level exactly as the following. Be parked on level ground then start your engine. With the transmission in Park and with the engine running (important), check the ATF level with the transmission dipstick that comes out from under the passenger-side firewall.

If the ATF level is not at the Full mark, add sufficient ATF+4 until it is, via a small funnel inserted into the dipstick tube. If the bottle doesn't say "ATF+4" in big letters on the front of the bottle it's the wrong stuff.
Thanks much guys. Appreciate the come back from all.

Jack

Reactions: harbiison