Auxiliary fuse box for wiring aftermarket accessories?

Gaspaszr

I imagine this a topic that’s been addressed several times but I would appreciate some input. I have begun adding LED lights and other electrical components to my Tj, such as comm. radios, eventually a winch. I have all these power supply wires running to my 12 volt battery. Is there a “slick” method to consolidate connections in unison. Buss bar, etc., to connect feed to my battery? I’ve installed relays and fuses but want the final “run “ to appear orderly. Thanks

Reactions: Dan T.
Yep, something like that is what you'd need. I think we call them an auxiliary fuse block. Definitely makes for a cleaner wiring job, that's for sure.

I'm interested in adding something like this too, but have questions. What's the benefit of having one of those that have a ground going to it versus one that doesn't have a ground?

I know you can ground accessories in other random places. Is it just to have a standardized place for everything to be grounded?

For up to 4 auxiliary circuits an easy to install auxiliary fuse block option is the Blue Sea P/N 5024 Battery Terminal Mount Fuse Block Kit:

blue-sea-5024-st-blade-battery-terminal-mount-fuse-block-kit__6112_580.jpg

Blue Sea Fuse Block.jpg

Reactions: SSTJ and Red Dog
I hope this make sense but I use a simple marine circuit breaker mounted just below the engine compartment fuse block. You can get these in 20-50 amp range from places like West Marine or delcity.com. It ties into the power from the main input to the fuse block and you just wire your accessories to the circuit breaker. Safe and relatively clean. The white wire in the picture is the new aux power terminal, you can see from the picture it has some wear and tear and holds up just fine. Marine electrical items work really well.

15483690981190.jpg