Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

And the avatar?
When I was in high school we went on a club trip to Europe. While eating a Crepe at the Eiffel tower my peer accidentally took this photo with her camera and sent it to me nearly 2 years later. I've always been fond of it, my Jeep changes too much to be my profile picture :D.

Edit: She still asks me to send it to Oakley to see if I can get some type of sponsorship photo deal out of it lol.

My bad. Assumptions, right? Edited to correct the faux pas.

Not a faux pas. No snowflake here, lol! My Avatar is the logo for my biz. I just joined and haven’t had a chance to really read any of the discussions yet. We have a JKUR but we’ll be getting another jeep and I’m contemplating which model to go with[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a faux pas. No snowflake here, lol! My Avatar is the logo for my biz. I just joined and haven’t had a chance to really read any of the discussions yet. We have a JKUR but we’ll be getting another jeep and I’m contemplating which model to go with[emoji848]

Was curious and checked it out. Interesting concept. My wife said, no :D

OK, now you have me curious...BRB.

"Why veer off road with Jeeples.com?" Find your new spotter?

Oh man, I love it! But @Rob5589 is right. The wife would kill me with my own gun. Interesting concept though.

Thank you [emoji4] We just launched back in June and it’s been received well. Still a WIP. The bonus is we get to travel the US attending jeep shows and wheeling for ‘work’!

@Chris sent me a PM on another forum one day and said something to the effect of "This forum sucks a combination of hot air and bilge water. I'm starting up a TJ specific forum. Why don't you come on over and check it out?" A couple of days later I did. While agonizing over what clever and catchy user name to use, my mind wandered off to the fact that my StG58 needed maintenance. The rest, as they say, is history. Not very creative...

My avatar is a Man-o-War. I was feeling fiesty that day and I'm to lazy to change it.
I thought that avatar was hinting to the way a TJ feels at 60 mph with a soft top on.. haha

• Haha
Reactions: Chief Brohician
Mine is a easy one as well....Kiwi is a nickname for people from New Zealand named after our small native bird and Avatar is 'Bruiser' so named because he's black and blue.:roto2qtemeto:

kiwi-bird.jpg

I got the nickname "Vulture" from my Brasilian fiends because I'm bald and I fly sailplanes. My avatar is a picture of the RCS testbed for the A-11 (which became the SR-71) on the test pylon at Groom Lake (Area 51). If you look closely, there is a jeep parked at the base of the pylon. I liked this pic because it's two of the best and coolest vehicles ever built in the same picture!

area-51-cover-up-plane-crash-pylon-a-12-side_35805_600x450.jpg

My avatar is just my Rubicon, obviously. Ranger_b0b though came from my gaming days. Just a silly character name that I used to play. Its not very common, so It usually works...Just like bobtheTJ, my real name is not reflected in my screen name. Real name is Mike, by the way...

Umbra is Latin for shadow/shade/specter, as in shadow of the real me. I'm pretty paranoid about personal info so I started using it as a surname when being asked to ID myself when it wasn't necessary. I also have a junk email account under that name so when FB or other folks I don't want to know any real info about me require an email address. I also use fake phone numbers etc.

Seems that a lot of people think that they have a right to know a lot stuff about you just to sell you things or or for other non reasons.
I disagree :)

Thus, Umbra. The avatar just goes along with it, and it's creepy fun.

Umbra is Latin for shadow/shade/specter, as in shadow of the real me. I'm pretty paranoid about personal info so I started using it as a surname when being asked to ID myself when it wasn't necessary. I also have a junk email account under that name so when FB or other folks I don't want to know any real info about me require an email address. I also use fake phone numbers etc.

Seems that a lot of people think that they have a right to know a lot stuff about you just to sell you things or or for other non reasons.
I disagree :)

Thus, Umbra. The avatar just goes along with it, and it's creepy fun.
Not sure what the avatar is.