Explain Your Avatar / Forum Name

Mine needs little explanation Nor does the Avatar. However in my old days when I was challenging some major authority's (oil companies and govt) I was like Umbra and assumed the name of 1outlaw on other websites. And yes- my relatives did ride with Jessie and Frank James before getting shot up in Northfield MN.

Mine needs little explanation Nor does the Avatar. However in my old days when I was challenging some major authority's (oil companies and govt) I was like Umbra and assumed the name of 1outlaw on other websites. And yes- my relatives did ride with Jessie and Frank James before getting shot up in Northfield MN.
Pretty cool. I've always liked western history.

Umbra is Latin for shadow/shade/specter, as in shadow of the real me. I'm pretty paranoid about personal info so I started using it as a surname when being asked to ID myself when it wasn't necessary. I also have a junk email account under that name so when FB or other folks I don't want to know any real info about me require an email address. I also use fake phone numbers etc.

Seems that a lot of people think that they have a right to know a lot stuff about you just to sell you things or or for other non reasons.
I disagree :)

Thus, Umbra. The avatar just goes along with it, and it's creepy fun.
I see and get your avatar now.....:)

Reactions: Umbra
Mine is just my initials...I was in such a hurry to join this when I got my TJ that its the first thing that came to mind, some family members call me EJD from time to time. My name is Eric.

My avatar is a shot of my '00 Sahara nestled in a Palm Tree Farm on the Florida Coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Brohician
My two favorite fuel powered vehicles I like to spend seat time in

Sometimes I will have "Dura" or a "Max" before or after my name to give credit to my new favorite toy hauling apparatus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a career Linux Engineer, and my Internet Relay Chat Name was/is Acid Child. (For basically the same reason as Umbra) I say was/is because I have a few different personas.

Fun fact, it was my facebook name also, but they closed my account because they said they didn’t think that was my real name, and told me I had to give them my real name or they would close my account, so needless to say I am not on facebook anymore.

My avatar was stolen from my friend rampant_monkey, because I liked it. Will probably change it to something Jeepy soon.

Reactions: Chief Brohician
I am a career Linux Engineer, and my Internet Relay Chat Name was/is Acid Child. (For basically the same reason as Umbra) I say was/is because I have a few different personas.

Fun fact, it was my facebook name also, but they closed my account because they said they didn’t think that was my real name, and told me I had to give them my real name or they would close my account, so needless to say I am not on facebook anymore.

My avatar was stolen from my friend rampant_monkey, because I liked it. Will probably change it to something Jeepy soon.

Not surprising, Facebook loves to sell your information and keep tabs on you. They need your real name for that.

Reactions: ac_
Not surprising, Facebook loves to sell your information and keep tabs on you. They need your real name for that.

My niece goes to a private school, and they always hit me up to buy magazines for fund raising. I always order in the name of oingo boingo to see where else it shows up and surprisingly, nothing has come out of it yet. Still don’t use real name for anything on the Internet.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
My niece goes to a private school, and they always hit me up to buy magazines for fund raising. I always order in the name of oingo boingo to see where else it shows up and surprisingly, nothing has come out of it yet. Still don’t use real name for anything on the Internet.

Oingo Boingo... haha!

Give them Deadman’s Party Drive as the address.

Reactions: ac_
One of my work toys!

IMG_1409.JPG