Axial Racing "Savvy" Bomber RR10

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Got an announcement email today from Axial that they just dropped a new Bomber RR10 (I have the old one) and guess whose name is right on the side? Savvy!

Looks like I know where some of my "economic impact" money is going...

AXI03016_RR10_Bomber-2.jpg
AXI03016_RR10_Bomber-3.jpg
AXI03016_RR10_Bomber-19.jpg
AXI03016_RR10_Bomber-28.jpg
AXI03016_RR10_Bomber-45.jpg
AXI03016_RR10_Bomber-50.jpg

if i were to ever have the desire to build a rig that'll run the terrain they do at the speed they do. i'd be real interested in a 1/10 scale with those names behind it.

Reactions: Chris
I wish the servo wasn't on the axle. Would be nice to see it on the chassis like the SCX series.

Pretty cool buggy though for sure.

I agree, that always bugged me as well. Not a big fan of the SCX series as I like these buggies, but the servo being on the axle makes it look silly. Though I have seen guys where they move the servo up via a custom mount.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Just picked up the Capra from my local hobby shop and track before the Crunch. That thing CRAWLS! Swapped out the 1.9 wheels and tires with the monster 2.2s off my old Ridgecrest. BEAST!

Just picked up the Capra from my local hobby shop and track before the Crunch. That thing CRAWLS! Swapped out the 1.9 wheels and tires with the monster 2.2s off my old Ridgecrest. BEAST!
Did you need adapters to fit the 2.2 wheels on the Capra?

The video at the link makes it look hard to control due to all the flex, is that how they feel in the real world? What kind of top speeds can these achieve?

The video at the link makes it look hard to control due to all the flex, is that how they feel in the real world? What kind of top speeds can these achieve?

Depends on what motor and ESC setup you put in them and how you gear them.

My Bomber has a really nice top of the line Hobbywing ESC and motor combo, and I would say it does maybe 20 MPH at most. However, you don't want to go fast in these things, as with the solid axles and suspension (and being as light as they are), they'll flip pretty easily on uneven terrain.

They aren't hard to control at all. They crawl so slowly that they are super easy to control.

Now on the other hand, my X-Maxx will reach around 60 MPH plus, and that's a monster truck!

These cars are so cool!...👍 🤪 Thanks for sharing, Chris!

Depends on what motor and ESC setup you put in them and how you gear them.

My Bomber has a really nice top of the line Hobbywing ESC and motor combo, and I would say it does maybe 20 MPH at most. However, you don't want to go fast in these things, as with the solid axles and suspension (and being as light as they are), they'll flip pretty easily on uneven terrain.

They aren't hard to control at all. They crawl so slowly that they are super easy to control.

Now on the other hand, my X-Maxx will reach around 60 MPH plus, and that's a monster truck!
I love my xmaxx, I abuse it like I stole it. Neighbor kids all come out to watch it run.

Oh man, X-Maxx too?! I had mine out at the park where we were flying FPV quads and planes and my buddy was chasing with his quad. If he posts the vids to youtube I'll link them here.

And it's still on topic because the Bomber was there too lol.