Axle gears: Alloy USA reviews?

thedustyboot

A drug habit would be cheaper
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
They import from various manufacturers and you don't know what you're getting, likely the cheapest they could find. If you really want to know you're getting top quality, which would be manufactured by Circle K in S. Korea, go with Revolution Gear who provides nothing but Circle K gears. You might get a Circle K at times from various importers like Yukon or Alloy USA but you don't have any control over over where they're from. China? Probably.

Would it probably be ok? Yes indeed but just probably.

Reactions: flyinfish
Thank you for your input @Jerry Bransford I greatly appreciate it and will do some further research.

@Tldelaney I’ve visited the RG&A at least half a dozen times in the last 6-8 months and their 4.88 gears + install kit has been out of stock. I’ll have a look tonight at work just for the gears by themselves and then order the bearings/shims/etc separately.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I believe this is the Koyo bearing Revolution master overhual kit for your application. It's sold by liftkits4less on eBay and shows 10 available for $464.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1930447932...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Liftkits4less claimed to have my gear kit in stock, right up until I paid for it. Their lack of communication led me to request a refund after a few months.
I'm getting my gears done next week at a local shop that does only that. He says he has no issue getting gears and install kits. Not sure what brand of gears I'll be getting, but he's the one that has to warranty them.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Liftkits4less claimed to have my gear kit in stock, right up until I paid for it. Their lack of communication led me to request a refund after a few months.
I'm getting my gears done next week at a local shop that does only that. He says he has no issue getting gears and install kits. Not sure what brand of gears I'll be getting, but he's the one that has to warranty them.

I wouldn't have waited that long to request a refund. The main reason is you usually can only file a claim with your card company to get your money back for 90 days and after that you're at the mercy of the company dicking you around.

Hopefully you get a good set of gears made by Circle K as Jerry stated. I'm so glad I did mine three and a half years ago with Revolution before all this supply chain crap started.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I checked out RG&A for gears and they only had parts for my rear Dana 35 in stock.. I'll look at Yukon and see what their stock and prices are. I don't do a lot of hard wheeling so a guy could say I'd probably be safe with the Alloy USA brand.

Also, forgive me for this dumb question, but I need a reverse rotation gear for my front dana 30 correct?

I checked out RG&A for gears and they only had parts for my rear Dana 35 in stock.. I'll look at Yukon and see what their stock and prices are. I don't do a lot of hard wheeling so a guy could say I'd probably be safe with the Alloy USA brand.

Also, forgive me for this dumb question, but I need a reverse rotation gear for my front dana 30 correct?

I screwed up on the original link. I searched for Dana 35 and somehow ended up with a Dana 44.
All is not lost, I found the right Revolution Gear set that is available with Koyo bearings.
Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2832297001...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I screwed up on the original link. I searched for Dana 35 and somehow ended up with a Dana 44.
All is not lost, I found the right Revolution Gear set that is available with Koyo bearings.
Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2832297001...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Thanks mate! That's a much better price than the Yukon package I had picked out on 4WP. Sadly that seller does not ship to Canada😢

I did find this seller though (Ron's Machining service). It's a big deal dropping four figures on parts but this is better priced than what I could find on 4WP, and should end up saving me about ~700 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2329174982...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Last edited:
Reactions: flyinfish
Thanks mate! That's a much better price than the Yukon package I had picked out on 4WP. Sadly that seller does not ship to Canada😢

I did find this seller though (Ron's Machining service). It's a big deal dropping four figures on parts but this is better priced than what I could find on 4WP, and should end up saving me about ~700 bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2329174982...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Canada does add an extra hoop to jump through. That's a bummer because it's in stock.
The Yukon kit is good and you can get your hands on it.

The problem with Yukon now is you don't know where the gears are coming from. Could be Circle K, it could be China, etc.

Personally I'd wait for Revolution because like you said, you know what your getting and where it's made. They're becoming available in small amounts but since the OP lives in Canada and wants it now, the choices are a crap shoot.

Small update the the gear search:

I looked at 4Wheelparts Canada for pricing on Yukon gears. I couldn't get the R&P and the bearing/shim kit together so the total came out to just over $2000 CAD. So I decided a quick Ebay search might turn up a few leads and I ended up finding exactly what I needed. I found a seller by the name of Ron's machining service. Ended up saving $800 and they came with Koyo bearings too.

Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/23291749828...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1