Axle off center after 2 inch OME lift install: How important?

Richard Brust

OK, 6 months ago I did the lift, but just noticed it resulted in this issue today (OME 2" lift with 3/4" spacers added on - currently with "standard" tires):

Here's images of my jeep and the actual offset - it appears to be about 2" or so. I've read the other threads about getting an adjustable track bar, or just a bracket, but I guess my main question is how "bad" is this to just leave it?

... and the passenger side connection - and the way the donut (driver's side) is squished because of the angle:

I do know the OME kit came with a bracket, but I can't remember what that was for (it's the bracket between the left two springs in this image - ARB OMETJHKS ). Don't think it was for this.

Thanks!!!

It's not important at all really.

With a 2" lift your axle is probably off-center by 1/4". That's absolutely inconsequential.

And adjustable track bar or track bar relocation bracket will take care of this. However, you aren't going to do any harm at all by having your axle slightly off-center.

Reactions: Alex01
If you got the ultimate kit then the JKS adjustable track bar will straiten it out. Like Chris said you're not going to do any harm running it as is.

If it does bother you and you don't have the adjustable track bar then pick one up. You can use a heavy duty racket strap to pull it to center after removing the OEM TB then install the adjustable track bar.

I wouldn't worry about it being off-center (I didnt) until it's time to replace the trackbar. Then get an adjustable one if you want to.(I did) there always seems to be something more pressing than fixing items that are working fine for you.

Reactions: Alex01
Thanks all - prob an adjustable track bar is on the list, as well as a transfer case drop. Like Daz7 said I think I was OK until I added the spacers. Appreciate the feedback 😲