Axle ratio on 2002 X automatic

glwood

Jeepless
Supporting Member
Got a question for my old buddies at WTJF - would a 2002 X with a 32RH auto tranny have a certain axle ratio, or were there more than one ratio available, depending on other factors besides the transmission?

Thanks,

Gary

Are those dependent on the transmission? My previously owned 2003 X had a 42RLE and had 3.73. I don't know anything about earlier automatic TJs, as all the others I had were manuals...
Is this question coming up from curiosity or does the Jeep lack power after a mod?

The 3.07 gears are the worst thing Jeep did to the TJ.

Never should've been an option even if you drove downhill...both ways.

3.07 sucks that bad.

Reactions: 04solartj
Is this question coming up from curiosity or does the Jeep lack power after a mod?

The 3.07 gears are the worst thing Jeep did to the TJ.

Never should've been an option even if you drove downhill...both ways.

3.07 sucks that bad.
Curiosity. I look at TJ ads from time to time, even though I am not in the market. The ad shows a 2002 X with an automatic transmission, and seems to be in fairly good condition. I think the guy is smoking crack, though, it's listed for $10k. It does have low miles for a 2002, 124.5k, but still...

Never owned a TJ in the past with 3.07, but I believe you that it would suck. I did at one time own a 2012 JK with 3.27 gears, and that thing was a rocket ship compared to any TJ I ever owned.

Curiosity. I look at TJ ads from time to time, even though I am not in the market. The ad shows a 2002 X with an automatic transmission, and seems to be in fairly good condition. I think the guy is smoking crack, though, it's listed for $10k. It does have low miles for a 2002, 124.5k, but still...

Never owned a TJ in the past with 3.07, but I believe you that it would suck. I did at one time own a 2012 JK with 3.27 gears, and that thing was a rocket ship compared to any TJ I ever owned.
That v6 in the JK just runs better than four odd of days ago.
Incredibly smoother and revving.

He will get it in today's market.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
There's actually three TJs selling today. New ad today, the guy has two to sell, $10k for one, $18k for both:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/albuquerque-red-jeep-wranglers/7328309497.html
And this is the one I was asking about with the auto tranny:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/albuquerque-2002-jeep-wrangler-tj/7319930770.html
I'd look at the 02' and see if he'd take less so you could buy new windows. I'm looking for an 02' auto myself. No real issues with that year and the last year of the good 32rh auto transmission. I prefer that trans over the 03-06' 42rle with the steep overdrive.

I'd look at the 02' and see if he'd take less so you could buy new windows. I'm looking for an 02' auto myself. No real issues with that year and the last year of the good 32rh auto transmission. I prefer that trans over the 03-06' 42rle with the steep overdrive.
Same here, I wish I could transplant everything I have now over to a 2002 with the 32RH.

Reactions: TheBoogieman