Back in the day

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
Sooo, board and went through some of my uncles old pic’s.
This is how I grew up

Me my brother and sister in 1979, I’m in the goggles and 3 1/2 behind our Dads flatfender. My uncles flatty is xt to us and he’s the adult in the pic

96BB10E5-48AA-443D-93FD-8687AE1C182A.jpeg

Damn, now those are some cool pictures! That had to be a pretty fun childhood, no?

Damn, now those are some cool pictures! That had to be a pretty fun childhood, no?
I wouldn’t trade it for anything, it was a family thing ya know, my parents, brother and sister, uncle and aunt and my 3 cousins, absolute blast! The club I grew up in were/are really a tight knit group that I still keep in touch with and wheel with a few of them. Now my brother and his family and me and my family still wheel, just with another really tight knit family oriented group that I’ve been wheelin with since before kids. What more could I ask for in jeepin community. Hell the “ol man” still comes out every so often to wheel, but mainly to tell old stories about old wheeling trips and to hang out with the grand kids. My uncle got into sand rails since his back got too bad to crawl in and out of the ol jeep so I try to do a yearly dune trip with him.
Fun that’s for sure

I love those paint jobs.

Same here, I’d do my Jeep up like that but I don’t think it’d look right, not the right era

The reason my Dads first paint colors were what they were, was because he recently got out of drag racing for Rainier Beer and and had some left over paint.

57AF84B2-0C70-4A44-88B0-F5DAE870A2A6.jpeg

823C8517-2DE4-4EA4-9084-24F8EDEEB3A3.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t trade it for anything, it was a family thing ya know, my parents, brother and sister, uncle and aunt and my 3 cousins, absolute blast! The club I grew up in were/are really a tight knit group that I still keep in touch with and wheel with a few of them. Now my brother and his family and me and my family still wheel, just with another really tight knit family oriented group that I’ve been wheelin with since before kids. What more could I ask for in jeepin community. Hell the “ol man” still comes out every so often to wheel, but mainly to tell old stories about old wheeling trips and to hang out with the grand kids. My uncle got into sand rails since his back got too bad to crawl in and out of the ol jeep so I try to do a yearly dune trip with him.
Fun that’s for sure

I think that's really cool that wheeling has been in the family, and you've kept it that way.

I'm assuming you're carrying on the family tradition with your kids? If so, I'm sure they'll have lots of great memories as well. Wish my parents did that with me when I was that age!

Reactions: Mumblewood
I think that's really cool that wheeling has been in the family, and you've kept it that way.

I'm assuming you're carrying on the family tradition with your kids? If so, I'm sure they'll have lots of great memories as well. Wish my parents did that with me when I was that age!
Hell yeah i do, my son
Loves jeepin , and is my favorite passenger. He gets mad at me when I go and he can’t come along. In fact the cool thing is that the group I’ve been wheelin with has kids now and we all bring them most of the time now

ECCF2130-D442-4525-9573-B0B188288B71.jpeg

3A1172E5-63BD-4D2E-B2C1-145F66F9F0BA.jpeg

20B8EA8B-093B-4D88-8F61-F05C5D8FCE34.jpeg

6C007B84-9248-4802-B20C-139511D23659.jpeg

771F5961-7501-4A89-BC64-DE07699D8340.jpeg

F7326E2B-FEEE-4CD4-BB51-9AE58FC6B04A.jpeg

90507596-9B6B-424F-8791-CC057CB755FA.jpeg

Hell yeah i do, my so. Loves jeepin , and is my favorite passenger. He gets mad at me when I go and he can’t come along. In fact the cool thing is that the group I’ve been wheelin with has kids now and we all bring them most of the time now

Very cool! I can't wait until my kids get to be old enough that they might actually enjoy it (y)

For a kid the right age, I would assume this would be a blast. Much better for them than letting their brains rot on tablets and TV!

Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
As was said ...Im digging the paint jobs...(those pics need a good 70's tv show guitar music being playing in the background)

Reactions: Mumblewood
As was said ...Im digging the paint jobs...(those pics need a good 70's tv show guitar music being playing in the background)
Yeah, you should see my search history, it’s always “pinstriping , gasser and Lowrider” paint jobs. Because to me that’s art! I’m picking us a new skateboard blank this week to hone my skills this week, it’s been a minute since I’ve done some paint work and there’s a giant canvas called my Jeep hood

• Love
Reactions: Squatch and Kiwi TJ
Yeah, you should see my search history, it’s always “pinstriping , gasser and Lowrider” paint jobs. Because to me that’s art! I’m picking us a new skateboard blank this week to hone my skills this week, it’s been a minute since I’ve done some paint work and there’s a giant canvas called my Jeep hood
Pinstripes, Lace work, candy metal flake now we talking my language...Im a signwriter from back in the day (22yrs ago) old school with the brush, and I"ve just started to pick up the brush again and try my hand at pinstriping.
Already found an old skateboard and motorcycle tank that I've painted up ready to practice on...I pinstriped my center console in the TJ as a fist attempt would love see some of your work when your finished.