Back to wrenching

Jay P

TJ Enthusiast
Hey all, I’m back after a pretty long hiatus. I did lurk here and there. I had a couple of life changing events that threw me for a loop. Anyways, let me get right back to it and ask.. currently riding on 31s that are balding quickly, wanting to jump up a size or 2. Of course I’m on the Dana 30/35. I can get some Jk axels (non rubi) with 4:10s in them for $800. I know this has been discussed and everyone says to get a tj 44 instead but I plan on locking it and beefing it up. It can sit a while and I may even put 33s on the rig while I build. My point is that I can not find a tj Dana 44 to save my life! I want to build this thing up (paid off[emoji2937]) but it’s sooo expensive. What do you think? What’s cost effective ish.... at least 35s and maybe more later on but for now that’s the end goal. Good to be back btw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Squatch and Chris
Hey all, I’m back after a pretty long hiatus. I did lurk here and there. I had a couple of life changing events that threw me for a loop. Anyways, let me get right back to it and ask.. currently riding on 31s that are balding quickly, wanting to jump up a size or 2. Of course I’m on the Dana 30/35. I can get some Jk axels (non rubi) with 4:10s in them for $800. I know this has been discussed and everyone says to get a tj 44 instead but I plan on locking it and beefing it up. It can sit a while and I may even put 33s on the rig while I build. My point is that I can not find a tj Dana 44 to save my life! I want to build this thing up (paid off[emoji2937]) but it’s sooo expensive. What do you think? What’s cost effective ish.... at least 35s and maybe more later on but for now that’s the end goal. Good to be back btw!!

Squatch has a Dana 44 for sale.
Welcome back.

Reactions: Squatch and Jay P
Welcome back to the forum!

@Squatch has several TJ Dana 44 axles for sale!

If that doesn't work out, have you checked http://car-part.com?

JK Dana 44s are nice, but fitting them is another story. It's far from just a bolt-on affair.

Reactions: Squatch
I have looked. $1250 I guess is the going rate but doesn’t seem so bad and I can take a road trip. I’ll have to message Squatch and see what he has. Are they posted?
Oh and thanks ! Good to be back!! Had to deal with some horrible life realities and I’m glad to somewhere comfortable again.

Last edited:
The JK axles would be a Dana 30/Dana 44 combo? That is a LOT of work, just to get some lower gears. You'll be much better off to find a TJ Dana 44, even if it takes a while. Throw a budget boost on there, get new tires, and run it, till you get the rest of what you need.

The JK axles would be a Dana 30/Dana 44 combo? That is a LOT of work, just to get some lower gears. You'll be much better off to find a TJ Dana 44, even if it takes a while. Throw a budget boost on there, get new tires, and run it, till you get the rest of what you need.

Yes that’s exactly right. I have a BDS 3” at the moment. I’m in collection process now. I could just go all out and buy it all but I gotta leave room for other stuff haha. This thing wheels very nicely with this set up but it’s not where I want it.