Backyard tore to crap

Yeah.... get a hospital project approved in SF and you'll learn about code hell. 6 separate codes involved..... State of CA OSHPD which was set up originally for structural integrity.... now it's 20K people who it feel like each one has to sign off on your project....
And then there's the California Coastal Commission. I particularly dislike those bastards.

I wouldn't give $5 for the whole state of California ! but hey their getting what they deserve now with all the smash and grab thefts. maybe we should remove the partial wall on the Mexico border and put it around California instead, and just before putting up the last section, kick Pelosi and Waters ass in there and seal it shut
Before I left in 2017, there was a lot of talk of succession. I was like "PLEASE let me sign a petition to get this on the ballot before I leave! PLEASE!!!!!"

Reactions: tr21triton
I wouldn't give $5 for the whole state of California ! but hey their getting what they deserve now with all the smash and grab thefts. maybe we should remove the partial wall on the Mexico border and put it around California instead, and just before putting up the last section, kick Pelosi and Waters ass in there and seal it shut
No please don’t send them back 🤬they have been in DC for so long they now belong to them

No please don’t send them back 🤬they have been in DC for so long they now belong to them
oh no, y'all voted them in, y'all get to keep them !!!! :) I dont know how 2 people sooo stupid keep getting elected. i can see maybe getting enough other idiots to vote you in once and then saying DAMN they stupid ! but i guess that must be the best over there and they keep getting voted in. it doesn't say much for the IQ there !

Looks good. Vapor barrier. Rebar is 2" away from the ground and form. I'm guessing your overlaps are double tied. If you ever want to upgrade your panel now is the time to install a ufer. Don't know what your soils report said but I'm guessing no over-ex was needed.

Funny story. Had a couple come in from Florida. Tell me that they have an issue with the design on their home being built. Their design shows this...and the developer is building that. Want to know why inspections have passed so far. Why they haven't been shut down. Why someone can't come out with them to shut the whole job down. It's politely explained that doing so is an over-reaction and a stop work order is a last resort. Also explained that the plans they submitted for the permit are exactly what they are building on the lot. Calm your tits...it's a civil matter and you're not going to get someone to be your bulldog. You're over reacting and we don't come in hot around there parts. It's fucking rude and people get their shit wrecked over it.

She stormed out wanting to talk to the City attorney and yelling about how if this was Florida they'd have a team of people out there grabbing contractors tools to shut the job down.

Right lady...... Point being is that it's not always a bureaucracy.

Looks good. Vapor barrier. Rebar is 2" away from the ground and form. I'm guessing your overlaps are double tied. If you ever want to upgrade your panel now is the time to install a ufer. Don't know what your soils report said but I'm guessing no over-ex was needed.

Funny story. Had a couple come in from Florida. Tell me that they have an issue with the design on their home being built. Their design shows this...and the developer is building that. Want to know why inspections have passed so far. Why they haven't been shut down. Why someone can't come out with them to shut the whole job down. It's politely explained that doing so is an over-reaction and a stop work order is a last resort. Also explained that the plans they submitted for the permit are exactly what they are building on the lot. Calm your tits...it's a civil matter and you're not going to get someone to be your bulldog. You're over reacting and we don't come in hot around there parts. It's fucking rude and people get their shit wrecked over it.

She stormed out wanting to talk to the City attorney and yelling about how if this was Florida they'd have a team of people out there grabbing contractors tools to shut the job down.

Right lady...... Point being is that it's not always a bureaucracy.
thats exactly the reason i built my own house. my brother and I did everything except the concrete and shingles. when we got done the inspectors told us if we wanted to build houses they'd have no problem with us. i told him people wouldn't pay our price and he agreed ! i've seen the shit builders put out and knew we could do better. my parents had a house built back in 90 by a high end home builder, and it simply killed me when you saw something wrong and the put it off to the next guy, like you tell him hey that wall aint square, the answer you get "the sheet rocker will fix it" then when he's done, you say hey it still aint square "the trim man will fix it" then you tell him again and get " the painter will fix it" and after he's out of people to put it off to, he says well it will put us off weeks from finishing tha house to fix it and were hurrying to get you in ! we were lucky as we were there every day and knew what we were looking at cracked studs and such we just kept a chainsaw didnt take him long before he figured out if it wasn't fixed the next day we'd cut that shit in half, and as soon as we pointed something out he'd either get someone right then or grab his own tools ! i dont think he'd ever build us another house. good luck to anyone dealing with builders these days (because people wont pay the price to get a good one), now they dont know the difference between a water pipe and a electric wire but they did stay at a holiday inn express last night

Soils compaction was fine, county guy was out this AM to inspect the rebar. Panel was upgraded before we bought the house, 200 amp service now which is at least 50 amps overkill. Hopefully the county won't pull anymore petty Nanny State bullshit costing me time and money. I'm all for inspections to make sure things are up to code, et al - but I'm not up for Nanny Statism.

Apparently, they don't use wire mesh in concrete any more - some kind of fiber mesh goes in with the pour or something. I'll see tomorrow!

Soils compaction was fine, county guy was out this AM to inspect the rebar. Panel was upgraded before we bought the house, 200 amp service now which is at least 50 amps overkill. Hopefully the county won't pull anymore petty Nanny State bullshit costing me time and money. I'm all for inspections to make sure things are up to code, et al - but I'm not up for Nanny Statism.

Apparently, they don't use wire mesh in concrete any more - some kind of fiber mesh goes in with the pour or something. I'll see tomorrow!
I think the 200 amps service was put in for the smart phones and tablets they figured would be charging.

They still use wire mesh if it's not structural mono slab. They can also use fiberbar which is a fiberglass rebar but that isn't supposed to be used on the outer rim. Clearly you've got a slab going in as those forms aren't for footers. Of course every City or County can write their own variances. I was speaking from an IRC standpoint. Though your County can also refer back to earlier versions of the ICC if they haven't adopted the newer versions. That's how a lot of States do their fire code. Just be glad you don't need frost protection. LOL

Reactions: Zorba
DSC00564.JPG
DSC00572.jpg
DSC00574.JPG
DSC00579.JPG
DSC00584.JPG
DSC00586.JPG

You didn't write "Zorba was here, bitches" in the concrete?
Nope. But I have been known to leave one of my Belly Dance business cards in/under/behind various house projects. For future generations...

I read something about using dark reddish-brown paint and painting a pentagram with mystic looking symbols on a sub-floor before laying the flooring. I just happen to have the right color paint on hand... (!!)