Backseat latch

MrOceanMan

If anyone could assist me with this rather odd issue it would be most appreciated. My backseat isn’t aligned with the latches to hold it in place (see images for details) so it’s sorta just resting there with no stability (ie. Road bumps cause it to rise) no idea what the issue is or how to fix it on account of the seat itself already in place with the brackets upfront. Vehicle is a 2000 TJ

86C754C9-E29E-4598-9366-CF9466F40616.jpeg

02B86880-FDAF-4933-8780-99834A566C1F.jpeg

Just from looking at the pictures, it appears the bracket is missing the adjustable slot. However, it also seems to be too far forward for the seat pin to engage it. Have you looked behind the carpet for other bolt holes.
Or is it possible the front brackets are reversed (or modified), making the seat sit farther back.

My 2000 has a seat mounted latch on the drivers side that hooks to the seat rear pin and locks the seat back in the upright position. The rear pins on the seat rotate into the "c" in the vehicle bracket and along with the front pins, keep the seat in place. If the seat back is folded down, the rear of the rear is not secured in place and will bounce.