Backyard tore to crap

Moved back into the MBR, pictures have yet to be hung. Finished up the floor in the walk-in closet, baseboards go in tomorrow - after a paint touchup of same, we'll be able to move into the closet as well and "The Runt" will get her clothes rack back that has been in our living room with our clothes hanging on it for the last six weeks or so...

This is the first time in a half decade that the dresser mirror has been on the dresser, its been stored behind the piano since we arrived from Commiefornia - couldn't use it in the old room.

DSC00863.jpg
DSC00866.jpg

DSC00867.jpg
DSC00868.jpg

Moved back into the MBR, pictures have yet to be hung. Finished up the floor in the walk-in closet, baseboards go in tomorrow - after a paint touchup of same, we'll be able to move into the closet as well and "The Runt" will get her clothes rack back that has been in our living room with our clothes hanging on it for the last six weeks or so...

This is the first time in a half decade that the dresser mirror has been on the dresser, its been stored behind the piano since we arrived from Commiefornia - couldn't use it in the old room.

View attachment 327500View attachment 327501

View attachment 327502View attachment 327503
So, that's where all the "magic" happens, huh? hahaha

Done with the floor in the walk-in closet. The dresser mirror waited a half decade, the curtains you see here waited over a half CENTURY! Came off my bedroom window when I was 9 years old when we moved into a new home. They were made by my mother, and I've hauled them around with me ever since. Finally found a window that they'll fit - even though they're more of a valence here! 52 years and about 2 weeks...

DSC00869.jpg

Clothes and costumes start moving in here tomorrow!

Is there an AARP class for belly dancers:)
Belly Dance classes are fairly popular among the older set as the dance form is friendly to all body types. Many, MANY years ago, we had an octogenarian in a class I was in. She had to sit down to rest from time to time, but she was there every week. She celebrated her 88th birthday by dancing a solo at the club we all performed at! She had so much fun, that she did it again for her 89th. After that, she faded away...

Now I get to start tearing the Library apart to paint the ceiling and replace the floor!

Look at all the dust on the floor...
DSC00874.jpg

Claudette the camel now has a nice place to hang out in the new walk-in!
hanging-claudette.jpg

Mundane clothing now hung up, costumes will be transferred from the Library closet in a day or two:
DSC00873.jpg

Pictures hung - a couple of overall shots:
DSC00870.JPG
DSC00872.JPG

That pretty much concludes this project other than the still missing door knob/lock from the closet door - and son in law is gonna paint the exterior so I don't have to. That lets me get started on the Library refloor.

Starting to empty out the Library. Two book cases and a curio cabinet out so far, along with the already partially disassembled High Altar. This is taking longer than I'd like - and my Son in Law flaked on me. He was supposed to do the exterior painting, now it looks like I'm going to be doing it.

Getting started on the exterior primer. I really want to be working in the library, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

County won't final it without paint and "landscaping". More Nanny statism. Gonna try to convince them to sign off on it without landscaping because I don't want to spend the money now, only to tear it up later with a new fence replacement - then tear part of it back out when we create the "Zen garden". Building departments waste time and money.

DSC00887.jpg
DSC00888.jpg
DSC00889.jpg

Library is emptied out, and the ceiling has a fresh coat of paint. Goddess only knows the last time the ceiling was painted. Now to pull up the old vinyl plank and get the laminate down.

DSC00901.jpg
DSC00899.jpg

Reactions: MichaelGH
Pictures and chandelier back up. Floor removal proceeds apace! Do *NOT* understand the why of the FUGLY linoleum underneath the current floor!

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Reactions: MichaelGH
And what should be the very last pix - computer system back in place. No bullshit tiny screens for me!

The addition passed its final inspection today...

00.jpg

Reactions: Apparition