Bad Actuator pin

burdetter16

So this morning when I was getting ready to go to work, my 01 TJ was completely dead. I mean COMPLETELY dead. It wouldn't turn over, there were no accessory lights, gauges didn't work, radio wouldn't work, and I couldn't even honk the horn. I looked around for a bit but couldn't find anything so I decided to start with the ignition starter switch since they aren't too expensive. When I was getting ready to put the new switch on I found this...
2488A592-0730-4DA7-9F9D-210B72683728.jpeg
61181185-4A6A-4449-B96F-B6FBC0FF87DE.jpeg

Obviously that is not what the actuator pin is supposed to look like and and I'll be replacing that tomorrow. I'm hoping thats all it is.🤞

Does anyone know if this is for sure the issue? If it's not what else it could be? The starter was replaced about a month ago and I tested the battery today and it was good so I know its neither one of those.

Thanks!

Sounds right. I had the same dead problem one day. Nothing, zilch. It was the actuator pin. Replace and should be G2G

Guess I've got another item to add to the spare parts room. Seems every week I'm ordering backup parts for one machine or another. Thanks for the heads up. Need a 'sticky' for all these widgets I should have on hand.

Reactions: JMT
Mine doesn't crank either, intermittently, though. The radio and accessories always come on though. Is it worth pulling the column pieces off to check it visually before I order one? The intermittent part is what has me baffled. I've checked/cleaned battery terminals, relay's and fuses so far.

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Mine doesn't crank either, intermittently, though. The radio and accessories always come on though. Is it worth pulling the column pieces off to check it visually before I order one? The intermittent part is what has me baffled. I've checked/cleaned battery terminals, relay's and fuses so far.

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.
Mine did the same thing, intermittently. I'd have to push the key into the ignition cylinder with a lot of pressure to make it turn over. Eventually, the actuator pin broke. Luckily, that happened in my driveway.

Mine did the same thing, intermittently. I'd have to push the key into the ignition cylinder with a lot of pressure to make it turn over. Eventually, the actuator pin broke. Luckily, that happened in my driveway.
Thanks for that. I'll pull it apart tomorrow and check it out.