Bad experience with ATK stroker

AZ Curly

After my previous posts regarding cat problems it was discovered that the valves were bad. With 191k I decided to go the route of the 4.7 Stroker.

After lots of consideration I went with ATK. I spoke to their salesman and provided my year Jeep, 2006 and he told me which 4.7 I needed. 3000 some odd dollars later, I recieved the engine. I had a shop put it in.

The sales crew at ATK are quick to tell you it bolts right in and all the parts from my 06 engine bolt up. That was a lie.....

I discovered yesterday the ATK folks sent an older block. When the shop went to install it they discovered several differences. The one that really was difficult was a camshaft button kit that was not on the 06. After several phone calls to ATK it appears they dont exactly know whats shipped and whats not.

This particular part 83502890, comes in a kit but not with the engine. ATK sales thought it was included but when I spoke with a technician named Eric he said it did not. And went on to tell me it was a custom. So the salesman says one thing but in reality its not what they do.

Since the part was discontinued I located one from Ebay and had to pay extra to get it by tomorrow. To get the Jeep back on the road.

This Eric guy was not conducive to good customer relations.

The engine still sits waiting and at this point, I would not recommend dealing with these folks. Had they just mentioned this up front, the missing or needed items could have been located ahead of the install...

Not happy with ATK

Reactions: minimull