Bad u-joint?

Rexspe79

I noticed my 2004 LJ had a popping noise especially when moving while turning the wheel. I got under it and had my wife back up and go forward while turning the wheel. It seemed like a popping from the u joint that hooks to the rear end. Almost like it was binding and releasing with a pop. Doesn’t seem to do it really with the wheels straight. Does this sound like a bad U joint? I’ve freaked myself out into thinking the rear end may have an issue. Thought?

• Wow
Reactions: John Cooper
I noticed my 2004 LJ had a popping noise especially when moving while turning the wheel. I got under it and had my wife back up and go forward while turning the wheel. It seemed like a popping from the u joint that hooks to the rear end. Almost like it was binding and releasing with a pop. Doesn’t seem to do it really with the wheels straight. Does this sound like a bad U joint? I’ve freaked myself out into thinking the rear end may have an issue. Thought?

Wait, wait. Did you say you got under the car and had your wife backup and go forward while turning the wheel???🤔