Bad U-Joints

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
A friend of mine said his TJ had a clunk. I shook one drive shaft and told him to go get 5 u-joints. The rears still had the original Spicers which were still semi-ok. The fronts had been changed sometime in the past and the turkey who did the work never installed the grease fittings. They were trashed. Installed the five and no clunk. Sadly, no Spicers were to be had, installed some Made in Japan brand. We shall see how long they last. Fit and finish were good.

I see in your location you list Dubai as where you live part time...
Is that where you are presently working on the Jeep ?
IF so... I can sympathize with you...; most of the year I live in the PI (except right now).
I own a 1993 Toyota Landcruiser PZJ75 and sourcing OEM or quality parts such as Spicer can be difficult.

Good luck with the parts made in Japan; at least they are not from China.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I live here year round, visit the states for about 2-3 weeks each year. I have a good hobbyist set up in my parking garage.

I order ahead from Amazon in the states and get most of my parts that way. I replace before repair is required so I usually don't get too many surprises. The Jeep parts stores here have most of the basics, but not always top shelf. MOPAR, Crown and Asian.

At least they are made in Japan and not China. I've always had good luck with Japanese parts I've bought, so that's a positive at least.

Reactions: Flivver250