Ball Joint Eliminators

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve been seeing these pop up more and more the the big axles. We all know 35s are the max a built TJ Dana 44 can handle with some form of reliability but if you go bigger, ball joints seem to be the consensus for the weak point.

Would something like these give the comfort level of running 36s, or even dare I say 37s on a built 44?

Just to say it before people get all concerned, I’m happy on my 35s. Don’t intent to go larger unless the axles get bigger. Just curious on thoughts and a different stroke for discussion.

PS - I’ve not seen these available to us TJ axle owners yet.

8F80F3BC-D4E8-4AD1-9476-838AB2EEAED4.jpg

I’ve been seeing these pop up more and more the the big axles. We all know 35s are the max a built TJ Dana 44 can handle with some form of reliability but if you go bigger, ball joints seem to be the consensus for the weak point.

Would something like these give the comfort level of running 36s, or even dare I say 37s on a built 44?

Just to say it before people get all concerned, I’m happy on my 35s. Don’t intent to go larger unless the axles get bigger. Just curious on thoughts and a different stroke for discussion.

PS - I’ve not seen these available to us TJ axle owners yet.

View attachment 163800
What is that, some sort of king pin adapter kit?

Reactions: Flivver250
What is that, some sort of king pin adapter kit?

It’s a steel insert with a bronze bushing to replace ball joints. Guy has been making them for 450/550 axles, super duty’s, now the old school 44s.
Doesn’t run all the way through like a king pin. I’ll post some more pics in a sec.

Reactions: Daryl
Interesting. I wonder what problem these are solving? Is it just to clear RCV’s? Not familiar with the axles he’s making them for.

Edit: he doesn’t know how to spell axle 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Serbonze
Interesting. I wonder what problem these are solving? Is it just to clear RCV’s? Not familiar with the axles he’s making them for.
Well they eliminate the balljoint on almost every axle (except the TJ Dana 30 and TJ/LJ Dana 44’s)....which are common problem on axle housings when wheeled hard with bigger, heavier than OEM tires.

Hence the name of the product; Balljoint eliminators.

Edit: he doesn’t know how to spell axle 🤦‍♂️
What an idiot...

Reactions: Wildman and Daryl
Yea I would feel confident with them on some of the older big tube 44’s from early Fords. Or any of the aftermarket 44’s out there.

Some of the rockbouncer guys down here run them, could be, “viewed,” as a blind testament to their reliability and strength.

The rockbouncer guys are not usually known for taking it easy on their rigs.

Yea I would feel confident with them on some of the older big tube 44’s from early Fords. Or any of the aftermarket 44’s out there.

Some of the rockbouncer guys down here run them, could be, “viewed,” as a blind testament to their reliability and strength.

The rockbouncer guys are not usually known for taking it easy on their rigs.
On my bucket list to attend a rock bouncer competition.

On my bucket list to attend a rock bouncer competition.
Just try to hit a event that has a lot of rocks or a bounty hill (a hill that has been attempted by many drivers but never has anyone made it to the top)

Some courses are becoming like Ultra 4 with jumps and short courses. But as you may find out for yourself, they really drive the heck out of them when there are massive rocks to get over.

Reactions: Daryl
Just try to hit a event that has a lot of rocks or a bounty hill (a hill that has been attempted by many drivers but never has anyone made it to the top)

Some courses are becoming like Ultra 4 with jumps and short courses. But as you may find out for yourself, they really drive the heck out of them when there are massive rocks to get over.
Yeah, I’ve watched the YouTube videos. I think it’s something I would enjoy seeing live.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
This is the first I’ve heard of the Chevy, Ford Dana 44’s having ball joint issues. I guess it goes to show you that anything can be broken.

This is the first I’ve heard of the Chevy, Ford Dana 44’s having ball joint issues. I guess it goes to show you that anything can be broken.

I wouldn't say ISSUES but just like the TJ axles you hit a point where the BJ's can't handle the size of tire being ran.