Banks Monster Exhaust vs Magnaflow off-road pro

Irohk

Supporting Member
Has anyone used both of these mufflers? I'm trying to compare them, because the drone from the magna flow exhaust can be overbearing sometimes especially when I'm driving on inclines. My plan is to replace the magnflow muffler with something quieter and keep the over axle exit style.

The Banks will also drone, it will just have a different tone than the Magnaflow. I've run a bunch of different exhausts on my Jeeps, the quietest was actually a Flowmaster 50 delta with stock size piping. It had the least amount of drone, but the others just got annoying after a few days.

The Banks will also drone, it will just have a different tone than the Magnaflow. I've run a bunch of different exhausts on my Jeeps, the quietest was actually a Flowmaster 50 delta with stock size piping. It had the least amount of drone, but the others just got annoying after a few days.
Okay thank you, I'm actually surprised that you said flowmaster because I kept hearing it was ridiculously loud.

Some days there's alot of drone and others there's barely any, which confuses me

Okay thank you, I'm actually surprised that you said flowmaster because I kept hearing it was ridiculously loud.
Most Flowmasters are loud, but the 50 and 70 series have much larger cases than the original 40 series. I have a buddy with a flowmaster 70 on a Jeep ZJ 4.0L. It's definitely much quieter but still has a growl. The 70 series has a fairly large case though, so I'm not sure if it would fit under a TJ.

Most Flowmasters are loud, but the 50 and 70 series have much larger cases than the original 40 series. I have a buddy with a flowmaster 70 on a Jeep ZJ 4.0L. It's definitely much quieter but still has a growl. The 70 series has a fairly large case though, so I'm not sure if it would fit under a TJ.
Okay I get you, I'll look into it

Mine had a banks monster when I bought it. Getting rid of that droney exhaust was one of the first things I did.

I replaced it with a walker quiet flow. It's not silent, but it's far from obnoxious.

I just installed the Banks Monster cat back. only loud when the engine goes past 3000rpm (4.0L)

I dont notice any drone that is at a objectionable level cruising at 65-70 on the highway. It still slows down going up a incline at highway speeds but not as much a before. 33" tires. 3.73 gears. So maybe more torque now at those rpm's.

I ran a straight pipe from the y pipe to the muffler. no codes. Muffler shop guy remarked how quiet it
was compared to what he was expecting. Like I said, only loud when the engine crosses 3000rpm under moderate acceleration. My trans shifts before that in normal driving.

I reccomend the Banks cat back.