Barricade Bumper Brackets

PhillyJake

TJ Enthusiast
So I bought a Barricade classic bumper off FB Marketplace:
272966966_7851585898200724_7582279839991430711_n.jpg
In real decent shape, hinge and handle work smoothly, all good. What I didn't realize at the time is that the bumper requires brackets:
Screenshot 2022-02-17 154548.png
Now as many of you may know, you can't buy just the brackets separately, so unless I buy the entire bumper brand new, I can't get the brackets, which defeats the purpose of the second-hand bumper. At the same time, I called a local fab shop who quoted me at $300-$500 to fab the brackets, which is well over what the bumper cost used and new...so again, may as well buy the bumper new...

Does that quote seem right? It feels high to me for essentially a right angle bend with two 45 degree supports. But I'm definitely not a welder or metal fabricator, so what do I know? Or, for anyone that has run into this problem in the past, is there another solution to mounting this bumper?

Thanks in advance!

That it a little pricy on the brackets, but for a one off job that may be their rate. The brackets look like just a piece of angle with a couple gussets. You could buy the angle pre cut and cut some gussets from some flat bar, or purchase gussets from someone ( barns, tmr, Amazon). Then take to a welder or muffler shop to see if the can weld them up for you.

Reactions: PhillyJake