Custom stubby front bumper ideas

Joe.B

TJ Enthusiast
So I'm getting the urge to fab something again and would like to change up/make a new bumper from my "classic Chinese bumper" that I got before I really understood jeeps and what looks good. I want a stubby ish bumper Just either hack up the old bumper and make something cool from it or make a whole new one, I do like the bull bar style bumper but not the stinger (little to douchey for me) any ideas would be great

IMG_2044.jpg

Last edited:
Stubby just means your fenders are going to get thrashed. I think it's fine. Why not build a steering box skid or something new, that would be fun and useful.

Big fan of the genright and motobilt stubbys. Put that boat anchor on FB marketplace for $100 and get something that looks good, or fab something similar…. Don’t try to modify your current one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe.B
So I'm getting the urge to fab something again and would like to change up/make a new bumper from my "classic Chinese bumper" that I got before I really understood jeeps and what looks good. I want a stubby ish bumper Just either hack up the old bumper and make something cool from it or make a whole new one, I do like the bull bar style bumper but not the stinger (little to douchey for me) any ideas would be great

View attachment 281451
@Joe.B, I had that bumper once. Tried to figure out how to stubby it. What @hosejockey61 did is as good as it gets I imagine.