Battery fit group 65

Not a TJ, but my YJ originally came with a Group 65 battery. It's big, doesn't fit in the tray well, and doesn't offer and appreciable benefit in a YJ/TJ, so when I replaced it I went with an original size.

What are you trying to gain by going with a Group 65?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Not a TJ, but my YJ originally came with a Group 65 battery. It's big, doesn't fit in the tray well, and doesn't offer and appreciable benefit in a YJ/TJ, so when I replaced it I went with an original size.

What are you trying to gain by going with a Group 65?

Not really trying to gain anything, we have a local auction site that had an odyssey group 65 extreme listed as brand new. I ended up buying it for 115.

Not really trying to gain anything, we have a local auction site that had an odyssey group 65 extreme listed as brand new. I ended up buying it for 115.

So how did it work out for you, with the fit? got pictures? I'm pondering the same purchase with mine, but sadly I'll have to pay the $$$ for a new one.

So how did it work out for you, with the fit? got pictures? I'm pondering the same purchase with mine, but sadly I'll have to pay the $$$ for a new one.

It fit great but I don't know if the prior owner changed the battery tray. I had a group 34 battery in before so I don't have any reason to believe he changed it. I don't have A/C so I wasn't worried about that clearance. I would have bought a group 34 but couldn't pass up the great deal.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

If you are having to but a new battery anyway, when not just get the one designed to fit?