Battery isolator install on radiator strut?

TimberGhost

Good Morning All.

Have a 2004 Rubi I'm modifying for getting back into elk hunting country in Colorado. As such installing dual batteries. Installing the Kilby brand tray with Optimas and using a Powerstream "smart" isolator.

Problem...running out of real estate to install the isolator. Have been thinking of possibly hanging it off the radiator strut with a pipe clamp or something in that arena.

Question: Anybody out there ever do something like this (using the strut for hanging something?) If so, what did you do, use off-the-shelf, cobble, etc?

THanks in advance.

--tg sends

I would mount the battery isolation relay some place solid. If it shorts, you will have more excitement than you like

That's my first inclination but firewall has no room that I can figure out how to cobble it in, the only "free" spot right now (until I put in the ARB Air Compressor) is over in front of the driver in that little tray just below the brake booster.

That's my first inclination but firewall has no room that I can figure out how to cobble it in, the only "free" spot right now (until I put in the ARB Air Compressor) is over in front of the driver in that little tray just below the brake booster.
Look under your fender

In my 02, there is there room under the relay box. Is there on yours? Never looked at an 04 Rubicon. On Mine there is an open area at the front of the fuse box that might allow for it. What about building a small bracket on the battery tray? Keep your wire runs short.