Battery negative / ground wiring questions—2002 TJ

How did you resolve the issue? I’m about to lose my mind, very last ground and I just CANNOT break the grounds from the nut.

I used the e torx idea from earlier in the thread. I am not sure why I read all of the thread and didn't realize that holding that stud still while turning the nut around was the answer. It was actually hard to find the e torx I needed. But once I did, stick the ratchet with the e torx socket on the end, use open end of a wrench, and turn them both at the same time in opposite directions. Broke free with very little effort.
I'm explaining in a lot of detail for something that is actually pretty simple because I was trying for hours to get that thing lose. I felt so dumb when I actually applied what the rest of the thread suggested... amazing what a little reading comprehension does for a guy like me lol. If you have tried the e torx on the end and a wrench and it's still not working, then I don't have any suggestions. That's what did it for me though.

I used the e torx idea from earlier in the thread. I am not sure why I read all of the thread and didn't realize that holding that stud still while turning the nut around was the answer. It was actually hard to find the e torx I needed. But once I did, stick the ratchet with the e torx socket on the end, use open end of a wrench, and turn them both at the same time in opposite directions. Broke free with very little effort.
I'm explaining in a lot of detail for something that is actually pretty simple because I was trying for hours to get that thing lose. I felt so dumb when I actually applied what the rest of the thread suggested... amazing what a little reading comprehension does for a guy like me lol. If you have tried the e torx on the end and a wrench and it's still not working, then I don't have any suggestions. That's what did it for me though.

Thank you. That’s really funny, I’m copying you step by step. Also got the wrong e torx kit. All I found at Harbor Freight was one six-piece kit. Can you please share with me what size is needed and where you found it?

Thank you. That’s really funny, I’m copying you step by step. Also got the wrong e torx kit. All I found at Harbor Freight was one six-piece kit. Can you please share with me what size is needed and where you found it?

Bought it from AutoZone actually. It's a set. I went to Lowes and home Depot. Called ace. None of them carried it. AutoZone did though. Probably could find a set on Amazon. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned the size. I am not sure now. Was a few weeks ago. Here's the set I bought. Tomorrow after work I can go check on my jeep which it is if you don't want to buy the set. Not entirely sure what I'd use any of these for other than that stupid stud lol.

https://www.autozone.com/screwdrive...iv2GtoxYuMgoh_XsN-RoC8NIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds