Battery rubbing cable harness

MadUly

I'm having issues with my computer cables touching the battery. Looking online, I don't have the right battery, which isn't surprising based on the condition my jeep was in, but there correct one isn't any shorter from what I can tell. How much space should I have between the battery edge and the harness?
IMG_20211127_154429667.jpg

Last edited:
Make sure you don‘t have a battery that could touch the body or the hood, that will be one hell of an explosion. For the wires, build a sturdy rubber and plastic cover for them, push them away and tie them away from the metal, until you figure it out. The best thing is to look at other Jeeps same model to compare.

I'm having issues with my computer cables touching the battery. Looking online, I don't have the right battery, which isn't surprising based on the condition my jeep was in, but there correct one isn't any shorter from what I can tell. How much space should I have between the battery edge and the harnes

Make sure you don‘t have a battery that could touch the body or the hood, that will be one hell of an explosion. For the wires, build a sturdy rubber and plastic cover for them, push them away and tie them away from the metal, until you figure it out. The best thing is to look at other Jeeps same model to compare.
Thanks, the website to being a bit dodgy on mobile, so I can't edit well. I have put some Kevlar material around the harness and secured it to protect it for now. From what I can tell in pictures it seems others have more space....

Reactions: BabyBass2
I put in an Optima (everyone else seems to prefer Odyssey) and made a custom tie down with 3/4 angle iron...then modified the tie down to hold a fuse and relay box for my switches.

IMG_20220315_161747301_HDR.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about those wires. If you want you can just push them back out of the way or even put some split loom on them to for protection. The battery and computer don't move and that harness rubs on the firewall on most Jeeps on the way to the block. Your battery tray and hold down might have been modified to fit the different battery. You could put everything back to stock but I don't know if I'd even bother just because of that.

I looked at mine today and I have the same identical issue !!! Your photo is like looking at mine. I will do what I suggested, insulate the wires with rubber and plastic and move them and tie them away somehow.