Beards Midwest Jeep & Auto

Mike Z

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey there,
I wanted to give a quick shout out to Beards Midwest Jeep & Auto. I know some folks on this forum already know about this place, but here is my recent experience with them. My son bought an 05 TJ, auto, 4.0 and the PO had installed a cold air intake on it. I really wanted to remove it and replace it with stock parts, but I was having a hard time locating anything that seemed in good shape or wasn't ridiculously overpriced on eBay. It was also a little difficult to find the right air box and intake tube assembly for the 2005-06 version.

I found Beards Midwest Jeep & Auto through an internet search and really liked their user friendly site that allowed me to look at pictures of wrecked jeeps so that I could quickly find one that had an intact air box and was either an 05 or 06, 4.0.

I talked to a guy named Bert there. I would recommend you ask for him. I'm not saying the other guys aren't helpful, but I found him to be the most attentive by far. He packaged up the air box, intake tube, two clamps, 5 clips and all of the hardware needed to bolt the box to the inner fender and shipped everything to me for $70. He sent the package UPS that day.

The parts arrived all in good shape, but just needed a little cleaning. Being anal (not Irun anal :)), I cleaned them and then primed and painted the hardware. It turned out pretty good.

Hope this helps someone.

Mike

airbox.jpg

airbox hardware.jpg

airbox installed.jpg

This is great to know. I've been trying to find good stock parts to replace my CAI as well. Thanks!

Glad to be of help. Not trying to be a jerk, but Bert was the only guy there who was responsive. Just ask for him.

Reactions: Wildman
I’m not surprised. They have a huge selection of TJ’s.

Is their price decent for the frame?

Irun is in the big leagues in terms of detail. I’m just playing t-ball.

As for Andy, I don’t even know where to start…

Can we get “smack” button for John on here. Sort of like a “like” but it knocks him around?? He gets one Rubicon and man is he out of control. Geeze.

Andy,
Is there any sort of probationary period once one becomes a "Rubibro"?

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Absolutely. He has never even been initiated or had Basic Locker Training. He thought BLT was a sandwich .

Hmm, basic locker training. The Rubi is the first vehicle I have ever had with a non Detroit or spool in it!!!!!! I'm kinda digging the flip the switch locker!!!!!

As far as initiation, I thought the @AndyG school of ducking was all I had to do!!!!!