BedTred / BedRug Installation Tips?

jeep_boss

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
My Jeep need a carpet delete so I ordered the front and rear Bedrug sets. For any of you that have installed this set, are there any pointers that you can give me before I go to town on it?

Spend the time and take the seats out. Apply the Velcro but let it sit and settle for a week before you actually adhere it. For the rear section the side pieces have a 1/2 inch piece that supposed to lay flat with the cargo mat area laying on top of it. Put some clips on that area for a few days to get it to bend how you want it.

cd450e55d457b6c279a8b0623df4203b.jpg

Reactions: jeep_boss
It’s one of the easiest installs I’ve ever done. Took me maybe an hour and half last week to do it. My best advice is to make sure you have a SHARP utility knife, since you’ll need it for cutting out the seatbelt and rear seat mounting areas on the rear carpet.

Seriously though, it was a breeze.

I loosened the console and shifter body so I could lift them easily and get the carpet snug and smooth under them.

Spend the time and take the seats out. Apply the Velcro but let it sit and settle for a week before you actually adhere it. For the rear section the side pieces have a 1/2 inch piece that supposed to lay flat with the cargo mat area laying on top of it. Put some clips on that area for a few days to get it to bend how you want it.

View attachment 30915

Well 2" of mud under the carpets later and it's clean and dry. Took all the seats out so as not to fsck around like some of the YouTools I'm seeing doing the install..

17860232-6F69-453D-8225-9985C980798B.jpeg

Done. Not a 1.5 hour job, but worth it — Definitely an upgrade from the factory mold sponge, but it seems a little quirky. I'm not sure what they were thinking on the center console / backseat piece, the corners near the doors are a clusterf**k. I may have also got a lemon kit, the contours on my driver's side rear carpet panel are off. I may have to get creative tomorrow with a heat gun, some glue, and a bottle of whiskey.

Looks good though otherwise.

25B5A228-BE06-4D25-8B87-A5F5C1EED8C4.jpeg