Bees!

Happens a lot here when the queens split (not in TJ,s though lol) local bee keepers come out and get them after a quick smoking, once they have got the queen the rest follow, I have seen it done at work and the bee keepers seem immune to the stings, I think they do it without gloves so they dont squash the queen in that mass of stinging Buzz? all the ones left behind die.

He’s a bee keeper, we just finished up a delicious jar of honey that he gave us when we ran the Rubicon with him.
Oh I know he is. Beekeeping is not something I’ve ever personally done, tried really hard to get my kid to do it in 4H. He was a hard no, LOL. I trade sourdough bread for honey with friends that do. Keeping hives takes talent and I find it rather fascinating. Still, if he’s going to bare hand a bunch of bees, we need video. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Two years ago my wife decided to plant sagebrush on the easement all around the corner. No idea that when sage blooms its little purple flowers for the summer season bees just go nuts. Its fun to watch the mail carrier try to get letters in the box with two sagebrush plants on either side. It also keeps people off our sidewalk.

Reactions: mushdogs
no swarm, no TJ, but you get the picture...and, it should go without saying, but I will say anyway, no your honeybees and wear whatever protection you need to feel safe and in control. Hell, why do you think @Zorba wears a veil!!

honeybees!
That is so cool!

I thought @Zorba ‘s veil was for the Murder Hornets?