Bent Rubicon front axle housing

This... I did the same thing. Axle alignment jigs can get expensive, though... I talked to a local machine shop who suggested a "tight tolerance rod" from McMaster. He machined "pucks" to fit in place of the carrier bearings so the rod slid through.
That sounds good I've got a local machine shop maybe I'll try to stop by and talk to them thanks for the info

That sounds good I've got a local machine shop maybe I'll try to stop by and talk to them thanks for the info
I never use an alignment bar but I have empty housings so I just line up the circles concentrically looking from one side or the other. Since you have to pull the carrier to run an alignment bar through, the same can be done without the bar. ;)

that's one way to do it.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: astjp2
45 min NE of Nashville TN but I will look them up , it's not a have to do anytime soon as I have hp 30 up front now just wanted to hopefully fix it so I can have a front air locker as well, thanks for the info

I'm in Nashville and have a slightly bent front Dana 44 as well. Who did you end up going with to straighten yours?

I'm in Nashville and have a slightly bent front Dana 44 as well. Who did you end up going with to straighten yours?

I haven't done anything yet but I did buy another rear rubi and that makes perfect sense... right lol

Give Rocket City Off-road in Huntsville Alabama a call and see if they can help you. I’ve had them rebuild a couple of driveshafts for me and regear my jk. They’ve done good on those jobs. If your in Nashville that’s only two hours away

Reactions: John Cooper