Besides the famous LED light manufacturers

sierradmax

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
What other, reputable, preferably American made (or designed/assembled), LED lighting manufacturers are there? I know of Rigid, Hella, KC, & Piaa. Not sure of all of their origins.

I have two sets of sub $40 Amazon Chinese LED's that have served their purpose but radio interference is bugging me and individual diodes are starting to go. I have sets of Piaa's on my JK and they have similar, but less, radio interference. I prefer round DOT/SAE fog lights for an aftermarket bumper application and a set of round driving lights for A-pillar brackets.

Look at Extreme Leds. Looks like they have a 4" led fog light. They are located in Colorado. I have a 14" light bar from them.

This is good to know - I have a set of Chinee "Cube Lites" that just BLAST the CB band! My "BeamTech" LED H4 bulbs in my headlites don't do this - the cubes will eventually get replaced because of it.

I'm in the same situation. I've got Nilite rectangular fog lights on the front and PIAA halogens on the A Pillar. I cannot listen to the radio if the fogs are on. Want to replace them with a quality round LED. Leaning towards KC but will wait until my bumper gets here.

I'm in the same situation. I've got Nilite rectangular fog lights on the front and PIAA halogens on the A Pillar. I cannot listen to the radio if the fogs are on. Want to replace them with a quality round LED. Leaning towards KC but will wait until my bumper gets here.

The KC G4 and G6 are catching my eye in terms of fog/driving pattern but I don't see many reviews. There's one person posting on another forum that their KC headlights are deteriorating and their 23 year warranty is BS.

Just spent some time looking around. I kinda like the Rigid 360 series. Would do amber fogs and white spots for A pillar. They are crazy expensive so it's being shelved for the foreseeable future. What I'd really like is a compact round fog and round spot that works great, no interference, and looks good.

OZOM4205.JPG

I'm really loving my KCs, though they aren't cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DNK7BFA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The warranty makes it worth it though, and KC is a good name. They also look really good too. Not overkill like some of that Chinese crap I see that looks like it has no place on a TJ.
The Guy that shoots the crappy lights with the shotgun , is a great video .and very informative .

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Truck-Lite is owned by Rigid, and are typically also made in the US. The Rigid Truck Lite headlights can usually be found cheaper than the Truck Lite headlights themselves.

Rigid lights are typically very high quality and generally outlast the vehicle. I've been eyeing the Dually SS for a while.

If you live somewhere icy, be sure to get the heated lights if you go with LED headlights.