Best bank to finance TJ

Well guys I spoke to the credit union and they will only lend up to 11k on a tj. So I'll be saving up for a while and keep my eye out for a clean one in a few months. Thanks for all the great advice

Well guys I spoke to the credit union and they will only lend up to 11k on a tj. So I'll be saving up for a while and keep my eye out for a clean one in a few months. Thanks for all the great advice

Did you not try lightstream?

Did you not try lightstream?

I honestly don't feel like my credit history would be approved by them. I was young and really dumb at one point in my life and it still hurts my credit to this day. My score isn't terrible but if they did some digging they wouldn't like it. That and I only make 20 an hour.

Reactions: P man
I financed my 04 Sahara around Christmas this year. It's low miles (for a TJ) with 67K at the time. Seller was asking $15K and the credit union financed $14.5K. So probably worked out because it's pretty much stock. If you are buying one with high miles and/or lots of mods, the numbers won't work out as well.

Credit Union: Arrowhead
Interest rate: 4.7%

Last edited:
I financed my 04 Sahara around Christmas this year. It's low miles (for a TJ) with 67K at the time. Seller was asking $15K and the credit union financed $14.5K. So probably worked out because it's pretty much stock. If you are buying one with high miles and/or lots of mods, the numbers won't work out as well.

All the low mileage tjs around here have rebuilt titles or the person wants 25k for it ( which is crazy to me)

• Wow
Reactions: suicideking
How did you make it that long without a savings, yet had the money to make the payments every month?

Listen people, I'm not here to tell you what to do, but come on! It's the most basic addition and subtraction on earth and no one seems to get it.

When I got out of the Marine Corps, it was like starting right out of school all over again, except that I had a wife to support. I became a truck driver, and in those days, (1990), new Hands didn't make much. As life went on, I lost her, but gained another with a child. My money went to paying rent, Bills, and supporting them. Then, when my Landlord died, his daughter sold the land, forcing me to buy a house of my own, going from paying rent to three times that for a mortgage, things REALLY tightened up. It wasn't until after my daughter left home that I WAS able to catch up and afford the payments to get the Muddog.