Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Fuel inlet on the side

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ridding of the axle disconnect

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Rubicon88

TJ Addict
You can only vote for two In YOUR opinion what are the two best improvements from the YJ and or CJ platform to the TJ.

I selected things that were standard on the model change not based on available packages.
I didn't include air bags as that was a NHTSA rule.

If I missed anything let me know. Just remember standard changes not package based changes.

I edited this as the obvious coil spring will be selected most.

Vote for two things now.

Last edited:
For me it has to be the HVAC controls and system. CJs have horribly underpowered fans. Hardly any air is pushed out the vents top or bottom. I had to do the blazer motor mod on mine just for the defrost and for me to feel any heat. Driving in the winter was horrible before the mod. Most CJs didn’t have AC or tilt columns. Many didn’t have power steering or power brakes. I chose interior comfort 2nd since I considered power steering and brakes interior comfort even though they technically aren’t. I have no experience with YJs so I don’t know what options they have or how they drive.

Coil springs without a doubt but, have to mention the interior. In a YJ it feels like your riding on the Jeep, not in it. I always feel like I’m setting way above the tub if that makes any sense.

I would argue that the TJ interior is a lot less “Jeep,” than the YJ. I love how simple the YJ interior is.
D668FA85-7EA5-4BB5-878B-4A340EAA4BEB.jpeg

I would argue that the TJ interior is a lot less “Jeep,” than the YJ. I love how simple the YJ interior is.
One of my favorite things to do on the trails with my YJ was to try to change the radio volume or skip a track while not bashing my face off of my shifter or steering wheel... Whatever idiot decided the radio and HVAC controls should be where they were on the YJ needs to be shot, cut up, buried, had his grave pissed on, dug up, shot again, then fed to some pigs.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and 1o1proof
One of my favorite things to do on the trails with my YJ was to try to change the radio volume or skip a track while not bashing my face off of my shifter or steering wheel... Whatever idiot decided the radio and HVAC controls should be where they were on the YJ needs to be shot, cut up, buried, had his grave pissed on, dug up, shot again, then fed to some pigs.
Hindsight 20/20 for me. I wouldn't have known any better if I had not bought a TJ.

View attachment 245129

I suppose everyone has their own opinion, so I will give mine: I would argue the YJ has more plastic and is chunkier than both the CJ and the TJ dashboard designs. The integrated passenger grab bar looks stupid like that and the radio and HVAC controls are in a terrible location - even worse than the CJ. And the multi-function stalk is flimsy and has too much on it.

I personally think the [1997 - 2000] TJ dashboard looks much better and is in fact more "simple" looking and "Jeep-like" than the YJ dashboard design.

jeep-wrangler-interior-036.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fouledplugs
I suppose everyone has their own opinion, so I will give mine: I would argue the YJ has more plastic and is chunkier than both the CJ and the TJ dashboard designs. The integrated passenger grab bar looks stupid like that and the radio and HVAC controls are in a terrible location - even worse than the CJ. And the multi-function stalk is flimsy and has too much on it.

I personally think the [1997 - 2000] TJ dashboard looks much better and is in fact more "simple" looking and "Jeep-like" than the YJ dashboard design.

View attachment 245285
Agreed to a point. I prefer the 03-06 dash and interior setup better than the 97-02.

Reactions: TheGanzman