Best place to mount remote ARB compressor coupling?

MikeO

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Love to not have to open the hood to air up. Is under the front bumper a good place to mount a remote coupling, or are there considerations I'm missing?

Where would you mount the compressor? I have mine under the master cylinder and with the hood open the chuck is easy to access at the corner of the hood

B84F9251-2DE1-48DA-99F7-6541A2534C76.png

Reactions: ac_ and MikeO
Think about how you are going to plumb it, whether it can be damaged while wheeling, exposure to dirt and mud (moving parts tend to stop moving when full of crud), and will you have to get down in the mud and snow to access it. I've seen them mounted on top of the bumper.

Reactions: MikeO
I installed my York's OBA system's two quick disconnects in the grill and on the rear bumper. Black rubber crutch tips like sold at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. fit the quick disconnect perfectly and snugly to keep dirt & crud out.

One thing to keep in mind is that the ARB compressor included in the kit for their lockers doesn't put out enough air volume for refilling tires. Plus it doesn't have the duty cycle required to endure the lengthy fill times required by big tires for a low CFM compressor used in ARB's standard locker compressor kit. ARB does make high CFM compressors suitable for refilling tires too but they're not cheap.

Last edited:
I have one in the grill area with a chair leg rubber cap to keep it clean. And one in the rear just above The bumper mounted in the body. Both have worked great for years. I just recently upgraded my system to the new ARB twin compressor and it even works better. I’m in the process of building a hose that attaches to two tires at once with a gauge inline so I can now air both fronts or both rears at one time then move the assembly to the other air port and do the other two at once. Hoping that will save me a little time airing up

I just recently upgraded my system to the new ARB twin compressor and it even works better. I’m in the process of building a hose that attaches to two tires at once with a gauge inline so I can now air both fronts or both rears at one time then move the assembly to the other air port and do the other two at once. Hoping that will save me a little time airing up
[/QUOTE]

I did this with HF parts. Works great as a deflator too. As it turns out right at 2 minutes is the right time to get two tires deflated. In the photo I am airing down before Ocala National Forrest.

Reactions: chimmike and MikeO
I mounted my 2 air chucks under the hood. One on the left fender and the other on the right side firewall.
It gives me a chance to look under the hood for a quick look/see before I hit the pavement.
Both are covered with rubber hydraulic hose caps w/leashes.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I have one in the grill area with a chair leg rubber cap to keep it clean. And one in the rear just above The bumper mounted in the body. Both have worked great for years. I just recently upgraded my system to the new ARB twin compressor and it even works better. I’m in the process of building a hose that attaches to two tires at once with a gauge inline so I can now air both fronts or both rears at one time then move the assembly to the other air port and do the other two at once. Hoping that will save me a little time airing up

My front is mounted on the fog light bar and used a crutch tip to keep it clean.
04322A22-3768-42AD-8905-06ACA8755379.jpeg

I use Staun deflators. I get by with just the front QR but a second out back would make things easier both for me and anyone else I might help.