Best price on a Bestop Supertop NX - UPDATE: Bought and Installed!

4Lo4Sho

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ok, who’s got the details? I’m ready to grab one.

Extreme terrain?
Amazon?

Anyone running any deals/coupons?
I’ve checked locally and it’s more expensive around here.

TIA

I bought our TJ top direct from the website.
I bought the Sunrider top for our JKU from Quadratec.
They sometimes offer a gift card/credit towards future purchases.

I bought our TJ top direct from the website.
I bought the Sunrider top for our JKU from Quadratec.
They sometimes offer a gift card/credit towards future purchases.

Thanks for this! Bestop is running a 10% off sale right now. Best price i’ve seen lately.

Went ahead and ordered a couple days ago and it’ll be here on Saturday.

Reactions: WestCoastDan
Installed! Very impressed by the overall quality of this kit. Took us about 3 hours. Instructions leave a lot to be desired. Install video on youtube helped a lot.

98D0DCA5-FBA2-453A-9351-5061957FFD87.jpeg

40D43820-FB7C-40E4-AAFC-244CF20C84C0.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

1A22457D-59B7-4C48-8236-FEDE7EB0BA9F.jpeg

Over 3 years I've come to the conclusion i might be better served with a framed top. I might post up locally and see if someone feels the opposite and will trade a super top for my trektop.

One note: is that if you have a Rockhard4x4 family cage kit the frame 💯 will fit at the B and C pillars, but the front needs a bit of customization.

At the “A” pillar i did some light clearancing on the plastic door surrounds with my grinder to get both bolts installed. It was right on the leading edge of the piece near the front bolt.

Over 3 years I've come to the conclusion i might be better served with a framed top. I might post up locally and see if someone feels the opposite and will trade a super top for my trektop.

Very possible. If other Jeep’ers are like me, their tastes and needs change fairly regularly.

It’s also possible that someone may just want to buy it outright. I now have a hard top, a full soft top and a bikini top. I definitely see a use for all 3 for many folks (weight savings, simplicity, etc.)

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Took my first longer drive to work today with full windows zipped in. Too much fun. :)

• Driving around town noise-wise, ride quality is unchanged. Other than being able to hear outside noises a bit more, no wind noise or flapping at all.
  • Up to 65 on the freeway - all good, bit of gentle buffeting, but no flapping or distracting movement.
  • Over 65 on the freeway - there is definitely a good amount of noise/buffeting - not unbearable, or distracting, but noticeable.
  • Rained a bit last night - dry as a bone inside.
  • Seal between our full doors and the door-surrounds is factory quality. Very satisfying level of quality there.
  • Love the fact that if the weather warms up today i could zip out my windows at work and ride home with in "safari" mode. :D
  • Oh, and one more thing - I can definitely feel the weight difference between hardtop/soft top. Jeep is peppier and seems to handle road corrugations/seams differently. Less bouncy - definitely smoother.

Took my first longer drive to work today with full windows zipped in. Too much fun. :)

• Driving around town noise-wise, ride quality is unchanged. Other than being able to hear outside noises a bit more, no wind noise or flapping at all.
  • Up to 65 on the freeway - all good, bit of gentle buffeting, but no flapping or distracting movement.
  • Over 65 on the freeway - there is definitely a good amount of noise/buffeting - not unbearable, or distracting, but noticeable.
  • Rained a bit last night - dry as a bone inside.
  • Seal between our full doors and the door-surrounds is factory quality. Very satisfying level of quality there.
  • Love the fact that if the weather warms up today i could zip out my windows at work and ride home with in "safari" mode. :D
  • Oh, and one more thing - I can definitely feel the weight difference between hardtop/soft top. Jeep is peppier and seems to handle road corrugations/seams differently. Less bouncy - definitely smoother.

With the soft top on, turn the blower on. It'll pressurize the inside to reduce the buffeting (should be able to see the side windows puff out a bit). Make sure you select outside air and not recirculate. I typically turn mine on to the 2nd or 3rd setting while getting up to freeway speed, then can reduce to the lowest if I want and it'll stay pressurized.

With the soft top on, turn the blower on. It'll pressurize the inside to reduce the buffeting (should be able to see the side windows puff out a bit). Make sure you select outside air and not recirculate. I typically turn mine on to the 2nd or 3rd setting while getting up to freeway speed, then can reduce to the lowest if I want and it'll stay pressurized.

That is SO cool. I’ll definitely give that a try on my way home. Thanks!

Reactions: DaveC

I do that every time I go for a drive. (y)

OK, so i can report back, that I turned my blower on and ABSOLUTELY saw the windows puff out. Very cool. I would say that the buffeting was about 5-10% decreased, so thanks again for this knowledge.

On another note, I'm getting some light slapping on the RockHard4x4 front cage kit that I think I'll need to address - possibly with some cage tube foam noodle add-ons? I'm wondering if I can get those locally.

(to be clear, I'd be getting zero noise from the soft top with a stock TJ cage. The Rockhard4x4 kit creates the light interference in this spot close to the doors on each side where it bends down towards the factory front bars to the windshield.)

OK, so i can report back, that I turned my blower on and ABSOLUTELY saw the windows puff out. Very cool. I would say that the buffeting was about 5-10% decreased, so thanks again for this knowledge.

On another note, I'm getting some light slapping on the RockHard4x4 front cage kit that I think I'll need to address - possibly with some cage tube foam noodle add-ons? I'm wondering if I can get those locally.

(to be clear, I'd be getting zero noise from the soft top with a stock TJ cage. The Rockhard4x4 kit creates the light interference in this spot close to the doors on each side where it bends down towards the factory front bars to the windshield.)

Glad it worked out!(y) Sounds like some pool noodle cut to fit, or possibly towels strategically folded and placed may fill the gap.

Reactions: 4Lo4Sho

This is what I miss with the trektop. The rear corner "sail panels" are part of the window, so with my LJ, the windows are really long and don't easily roll up into a package that's practical to ride along.

My previous LJ had OEM top and I regularly rolled them up and stowed them in the back. LJ with trektop I have to make the call when I leave home and commit to wearing windows or leaving them behind for the entire trip. What I end up doing is just going windowless for 10 months of the year, and if there's a chance of rain while I'm out, I just drive something else. Then if I go wheeling, I put windows on for the highway miles and then I'm stuck with them on until I get home whether I want them or not.

Reactions: 4Lo4Sho and PNW_LJ

It would be even better with an early TJ from before they put a vent in the tailgate. My 06 LJ is quite noticeably flappier and noisier than the 99 TJ (both with frameless bestop) and the affect of running the blower is much less pronounced on the 06. I keep thinking about putting something over the opening to block it but haven't got around to it.

Will the LJ side windows fit above the roll bar?
I have placed our TJ windows between the top and the roll bar before, but this obviously wouldn't be a good plan if the longer LJ windows sagged down and blocked the rear view.

Will the LJ side windows fit above the roll bar?
I have placed our TJ windows between the top and the roll bar before, but this obviously wouldn't be a good plan if the longer LJ windows sagged down and blocked the rear view.

Like held up by a net of sorts? Don't think so without rendering the sunrider unusable because they would reach well in front of the b pillar bar.

Like held up by a net of sorts? Don't think so without rendering the sunrider unusable because they would reach well in front of the b pillar bar.

How about a TRasharoo on the rear tire - I'll bet you could roll them up loosely and stow them there?

Trasharoo's are only about 50-60 bucks, I think, and would do fairly well in protecting the windows from the weather, and for dusty conditions, You could add some sort of dust-proof container to put them in first? HD trash bag or maybe an old "tent storage" bag, or something durable like that?

Our Sunrider was 100% useless with the side windows removed anyway.
Until I added a couple of straps to keep the top from sagging on my head.