Best replacement coil springs?

GeorgeSully

TJ Enthusiast
I’m looking for some new factory ride height springs for the front and rear and im wondering what you guys have used or recommend.

98 Sahara 4.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had moog problem solvers installed (moog #'s 3227 and 3226), I have a stock height 4.0 as well. Paired with rancho shocks and I'm very happy with the results.

Edited to add that I found my springs in the thread from Rob that is mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeSully
I just had moog problem solvers installed (moog 3227 and 3226), I have a stock height 4.0 as well. Paired with rancho shocks and I'm very happy with the results.

Edited to add that I found my springs in the thread from Rob that is mentioned above.

Sounds good, I’ve got rancho shocks too

Correct, Moog 3226/3227
So ive ordered the Rancho RS5000x shocks for my stock 2003 TJ and looking to pair them up with appropriate "stock" coil springs. This jeep will be driven unloaded, no top, stock bumpers, no significant extra weight / gear. Im looking at the Moog #'s 3227 and 3226 coils per the forum discussion but have read that these particular might be "stiff", or that they are Rubicon springs and not the sport / x moog coils. Im looking for a replacement coil spring set to upgrade the rusty old ones and help to create a smooth on pavement ride and to handle / smooth out washboard gravel n dirt roads. Are these moog coils (3227/3226) the right coils for my basic stock needs or ? Thanks for a bit of input. Cheers

So ive ordered the Rancho RS5000x shocks for my stock 2003 TJ and looking to pair them up with appropriate "stock" coil springs. This jeep will be driven unloaded, no top, stock bumpers, no significant extra weight / gear. Im looking at the Moog #'s 3227 and 3226 coils per the forum discussion but have read that these particular might be "stiff", or that they are Rubicon springs and not the sport / x moog coils. Im looking for a replacement coil spring set to upgrade the rusty old ones and help to create a smooth on pavement ride and to handle / smooth out washboard gravel n dirt roads. Are these moog coils (3227/3226) the right coils for my basic stock needs or ? Thanks for a bit of input. Cheers

Pretty sure the deal is that they're spec'd for 4.0 engines/auto transmissions. Also if you plan on adding weight (I.e. A winch) they are made to bear that additional load. I believe they're what you want and I don't find them to be particularly stiff. Someone said pairing them with Ranchos gives it a more truck-like ride and I think that's accurate.

Members will tell you that shocks determine ride quality FWIW. I've been running them with new ranchos for a couple days now tho and I'm loving it. Much more stable ride, I honestly am more impressed with the stability improvement than I am with the way they absorb the jolts on crappy roads

Reactions: Capt'n
Pretty sure the deal is that they're spec'd for 4.0 engines/auto transmissions. Also if you plan on adding weight (I.e. A winch) they are made to bear that additional load. I believe they're what you want and I don't find them to be particularly stiff. Someone said pairing them with Ranchos gives it a more truck-like ride and I think that's accurate.

Members will tell you that shocks determine ride quality FWIW. I've been running them with new ranchos for a couple days now tho and I'm loving it. Much more stable ride, I honestly am more impressed with the stability improvement than I am with the way they absorb the jolts on crappy roads
Thanks. I appreciate the input. Im looking forward to see the difference that the ranchos make. Not having put on shocks or springs before i have to read up on the process. Am i right that they realistically should be installed at the same time?

You can if you want. I replaced all of mine along with jounce bumpers. Figured may as well since I was there. Plus the rears were pretty mashed down.

Reactions: Capt'n
I’m looking for some new factory ride height springs for the front and rear and im wondering what you guys have used or recommend.

98 Sahara 4.0

98 Sahara 4.0

98 Sahara 4.0

h

98 Sahara 4.0

h&r springs

front was level, I was hoping for a lift, rears were about level too. I can get a free height measurement if you want.

Just curious, thanks. I did a JKUR spring swap on a previous TJ X. The rear gave about 2.5", the front, -0-. May have even lost height.

JK springs were taller...I have a set of those too. I need to keep them for the wife's JK, they are 1 size stiffer than her JK currently has. I swapped a set of rubicon springs and shocks into her jeep because the shocks that were on it were crushed and rode like crap and it was raked about 2". Real twitchy... now it just sits about 1/2" low on the right front. I am using the extra JK shock on my LJ until I get the axles built and I can get the rest of the stuff to finish the jeep the way I want. I made a set of pin bar eliminators for the front...have not started the rear yet.

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Reactions: AutoCrat