Best suspension for smoother ride

Daredevil96

Hey guys. Currently in the process of doing research to upgrade some suspension. I recently graduated college and will begin a new job that pays pretty well(finally). In the past years, I had been upgrading some suspension parts for the Jeep since the previous owner apparently half assed everything. I had been upgrading by need but made sure I had a reputable brand at least as I went along.

Anyway, now that I have graduated I’m looking to start doing more maintenance/upgrades that I know are needed to get the Jeep finally in the specs that it’s supposed to be in. The previous owner had put a 3.5 in lift, drilled a new hole to use the old track bar, kept original control arms, big spacers between frame and transmission mount, pitman arm drop, bunch of mess. So I had been trying to get things “right” while upgrading what I could back then with limited amount of money.

I am now looking for something on the smoother side but that can still be highway driveable. I know that for highways, normally stiffer suspensions are better but I was hoping to find something in between, or closer to the softer side (I don’t do much highway driving and the Jeep will eventually become my secondary vehicle). I do want it to be better off-road capable but I will not be doing the rock crawling stuff some of you folks do.

Note: I once tried the bilstein 5100 shocks (I think). Had them on the previous Jeep that was stolen. That was the stiffest ride and least enjoyable ride I’ve ever been on. I heard great things of those on other trucks but I believe the jeep is too light for it. So those are a no go.

I once test drove a TJ at a dealership and I swear it felt like I was floating on that thing. Didn’t even feel the speed bumps. I didn’t even think that was possible but I’m thinking the springs and shock convo were too soft for what I’m looking for now since I will do some highway driving.

2004 rubicon, standard transmission
Upgrades/changed out parts I’ve done so far:

Tie rod bar
TJ to ZJ drag link conversion
Front metal cloak track bar (had a welder cut off the old piece that’s on the frame and weld a new piece to make this work since the stock one was trashed)
Steering stabilizer (stock mopar)
Replaced dropped pitman arm with stock size pitman arm (as suggested from previous post)
Front metal cloak short control arms
Rancho rs5000x (saw Jerry’s recommendation a while ago)

Other things I’ve replaced
Power stop brakes z36
Wheels
Bfgoodrich KO2 tires

Other things I plan on changing:
Front and rear driveshaft (thinking adams driveshaft
Rear track bar (most likely metalcloak)
Rear control arms (most likely metalcloak)
Springs

I want to go from a 3.5 to 4 in lift. Thoughts? Recommendation on springs?

Any help appreciated!

Generally if I was going this direction I'd look at Currie/Rockjock 4" springs, Black Max shocks from Skyjacker and Rockjock control arms. There are many ways to skin this particular cat. The shock and spring advice is just regurgitated crap from threads on this site and others. The control arms I have experience with and they are worth the money. I'd probably rebuild my own driveshafts unless I was getting a slip yoke eliminator and needed different lengths and joints but there's nothing wrong with having somebody else do the work.

OME has a great reputation for ride quality- but we have a lot of combinations on here to pull from- you will get good responses.