Arizona Best time to wheel

LONGJP2

TJ Expert
Thinking about planning a wheeling trip to Arizona this year.
Should I avoid the summer months?
Also, not sure what area would give me the most bang for the buck.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Or events scheduled?

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
November thru April... possibly May some years. Can't speak for down near Tucson, but southeast and north of Phoenix offers just about anything you could want from mild scenic to hard core rock crawling, desert to high country.

Sedona is also just 90 minutes north of Phoenix and while the trails are easy to moderate, the setting is stunning and a must see/do if at all possible while in AZ.

Many here avoid wheeling in the summer months (myself included). It's just not much fun wheeling with the TJ all buttoned up and the ac trying to keep up, not to mention the chance for a really bad day if you break down on the trail on a 110+ day.

November thru April... possibly May some years. Can't speak for down near Tucson, but southeast and north of Phoenix offers just about anything you could want from mild scenic to hard core rock crawling, desert to high country.

Sedona is also just 90 minutes north of Phoenix and while the trails are easy to moderate, the setting is stunning and a must see/do if at all possible while in AZ.

Many here avoid wheeling in the summer months (myself included). It's just not much fun wheeling with the TJ all buttoned up and the ac trying to keep up, not to mention the chance for a really bad day if you break down on the trail on a 110+ day.

Never been but I would agree with those months based on what I can find on Wikipedia.

Screenshot_20231114-193348~3.png

• Love
I live an hour South East of Tucson. I can wheel comfortably from mid September through May in my area. Of course we don't have anything like they do in North Phoenix, but we do have a lot of state trust land to explore.

• USA Proud
Lots of good trail riding from Prescott to Flagstaff and heat isn't really a problem. Can't comment on rock crawling, don't do it but there's some.