Best Top Supetop questions

crazyone77

Hey all,

I found a killer deal on a near new top for my TJ. But upon installing it today, I really hate the design. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems wierd that the hard doors just close against the top? That can't seal very good...

Anyone else got pics of their supertop with the black diamond material installed?

Thank you
Brandon

Hey all,

I found a killer deal on a near new top for my TJ. But upon installing it today, I really hate the design. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems wierd that the hard doors just close against the top? That can't seal very good...

Anyone else got pics of their supertop with the black diamond material installed?

Thank you
Brandon

just look at any picture of a jeep with a factory soft top.

do you have the door surrounds?

Straight off Best Tops page (super top).

Screenshot_20221218_135223_Chrome.jpg

I attached the wrong link. How about you watch this video of it being installed by quadratec

Maybe you should just stop replying since you are 100% incorrect.

oh shit haven't seen one of those in about a decade and didn't realize they still sold it :ROFLMAO:

You bought the wrong top.

100%. he's just gonna have to deal with the shitty fit

They have a TJ version.
https://www.bestop.com/products/sup...p-1997-2006-wrangler-tj-exc-unlimited-tinted/

If this is what the OP has. He is correct no door surrounds. With this classic YJ/CJ style top the seal between the door and the top are not always good.

If you wanted a good seal the Bestop soft top that uses door surrounds is the one to get. You bought the wrong top.

You are correct, what seemed like a super awesome deal is definitely leaving me disappointed. Didn't realize it till after I got it. Was just more curious how other peoples did seal up.

Bestop makes a SuperTop Squareback Soft Top that has OEM style door surrounds and hardware and they also make the SuperTop Classic which has the older design which is what the OP purchased. The Classic style is what Bestop sold before the patents ran out on Mopar's design that they developed with them