SOLD Best Top Twill Replace a Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Ownbey

3 - DAWG
Supporting Member
IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0004.JPG I have a virtually new top I had on my 03 TJ. It was about 1 year old and garaged when I sold it. I paid 949.00 plus shipping. I think it's $999.00 today. It was the best stock top available I believe. I also bought fabric treatments that are included. It only has one slight problem. My Wiener dog likes to look out the window and left some nose prints on the rear side windows. I'm in Eugene to pick it up or I can ship it for an added cost. I'm guessing it would be $30. to $40. I'm listing it at $500.00. I doubt you will find a nicer one unless it's right out of the box. Tony 541-968-5580

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

I don't see any posts in reference to why you're selling TJ parts, but I'm guessing you sold the '03 TJ...?

That's a really nice soft top, hope someone takes it off your hands. GLWS

There she is! I haven't done a lot of mods. I'm just doing some fixing and minor upgrades. I just replaced the shocks (Rancho 5000x). Made a big difference. I've put on some LED headlights and a backup camera. I have reverse issues the wife says so she indulged me. I put in a new head unit but need some better speakers. I've bought new fenders but the projects outside seem to keep me from installing them this summer. I really like the extra room and the way the LJ rides and handles over the standard TJ. I'm not a hardcore wheeler. I play in the hills and snow some but mostly it's my daily driver. I'm enjoying the heck out driving and owning it.

Reactions: Starrs
I think I hit the wrong button and deleted my last post. Here are the pics. It's a standard LJ that's pretty much stock. I've put some Rancho shocks on it and some LED lights. I replaced the head unit but need some better speakers. I'm mostly a street and gravel guy so no serious off roading. I'm going to tough it up a little as time and money permits.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

I really like the LJ. It rides and drives better. It's my daily driver and I sometimes do some freeway trips. At highway speeds it's easier to drive. I found mine in the Redding area. I may have paid a little too much but it was really clean with low miles. It has a two piece top that I like. I like soft tops only in our 2 month summers here in Oregon they get a little impractical. I'm old, slightly enlarged and a little lazy, but I'm young at heart. OR as my wife says, "immature doesn't count as young". I really do enjoy the Jeep and the community of people that drive them also.
Good luck finding that LJ. You'll be happy when you do.

Reactions: Starrs
Nice LJ. Interesting hard top, I've not seen one like that. Do the side windows slide open? Do you know the manufacturer?

Rally Tops is the manufacturer, still in business too. Been looking for a used top like this for awhile now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're right! Found the name on the back window. I have dogs so the screens are nice if I leave them a while when it's warm out. Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10. It looks good and has some nice features but it has sagged in the middle and leaks at the back of the doors if I'm on any kind of slope. I've helped it with a little black silicone. I know not to park it in my inclined driveway. If it rains it's usually in my garage. Fortunately it doesn't leak when I'm driving. Rally Tops gets a bad mark for not responding to me when I explained and ask for a fix also.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Thats a great price for a twill, if they made a half door upper to match I would grab it? you only think $30-$40 to ship? isn't it still attached to the top frame?

You're right! Found the name on the back window. I have dogs so the screens are nice if I leave them a while when it's warm out. Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10. It looks good and has some nice features but it has sagged in the middle and leaks at the back of the doors if I'm on any kind of slope. I've helped it with a little black silicone. I know not to park it in my inclined driveway. If it rains it's usually in my garage. Fortunately it doesn't leak when I'm driving. Rally Tops gets a bad mark for not responding to me when I explained and ask for a fix also.

Thanks, good info. For me the freedom top feature is a must to make it lighter to put on and off. Slider windows pretty sweet too. Where I’m at I don’t really need a hard top, just something I’d like to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 46573 View attachment 46574 I have a virtually new top I had on my 03 TJ. It was about 1 year old and garaged when I sold it. I paid 949.00 plus shipping. I think it's $999.00 today. It was the best stock top available I believe. I also bought fabric treatments that are included. It only has one slight problem. My Wiener dog likes to look out the window and left some nose prints on the rear side windows. I'm in Eugene to pick it up or I can ship it for an added cost. I'm guessing it would be $30. to $40. I'm listing it at $500.00. I doubt you will find a nicer one unless it's right out of the box. Tony 541-968-5580
Hi Tony, I’m interested in your Bestop Twill top for my 2003 TJ, I live in Southern California Mountains and would need it shipped to me if possible. I’ ll call you tomorrow

Hi Tony, I’m interested in your Bestop Twill top for my 2003 TJ, I live in Southern California Mountains and would need it shipped to me if possible. I’ ll call you tomorrow
Sounds good. I already have it protected and boxed up ready to ship. I'll split the shipping with you if you decide you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.